Intern, Site Selection & Incentives Advisory Job ID 19001798 Dallas, Texas
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Site Selection and Incentives Advisory practice guides companies’ CAPEX decision making, which includes selecting sites that meet future workforce needs, evaluating macro and micro markets as it relates to financial, real estate, tax and logistical variables, and securing value from business incentives.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within Tax Services, our Site Selection & Incentives Advisory practice will assist companies in assessing and selecting new locations for their companies and accessing the myriad tax and other financial incentives offered by state and local governments in return for their investment initiatives and economic activity. We are currently looking for an Analyst level candidate to join our practice. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Preparing and presenting proposals and qualifications for our professionals to share with prospective clients
- Preparing and presenting assessments regarding potential economic incentives when available based on the client's facts. This typically includes conducting research and benchmarking comparable deals. ,
- Working cooperatively with our professionals and clients to develop parameters for a new location/expansion and selecting variables and data to assist the client with their decisions.
- Collecting and evaluating data on key project decision factors, including using subscription software models
- Developing supply chain models to compare the logistical advantages of each market and site in relation to the client’s operational footprint.
- Developing discounted cash flow models to compare the benefits and advantages of each site under consideration
- Preparing project deliverables and presentations regarding our findings.
- Assist our professionals with creating and executing negotiating strategies on behalf of clients seeking credits and grants for projects within the multi-state region, including preparing project presentations and arranging site visits.
- Assist with the incentive application and approval process, including preparing for public meetings
- Compliance-related work and populating forms and applications for various incentive programs
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Supply Chain, Business Administration, Economic Development, Public Administration, Urban Affairs, Real Estate or similar business related designation
- Expected graduation date between December 2019 and August 2021
- Minimum current cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and client relationships skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Proven dedication to teamwork
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with focus on Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proven track record relevant to previous work experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.