Implementation Consulting Analyst
The Offsite Implementation Consultant (Associate) role is part of a team based in Dallas Texas, working with clients globally on implementation activities, generally from an IHS Markit office; however, at times team members are required to travel to client sites to assist with onsite implementation activities.
The team is coached and led by a senior Managing Consultant, and are trained in using SQL Server, the Markit EDM application, and in the informational needs of modern financial institutions.
The role is dynamic and provides a fantastic opportunity to build a solid career solving the data management issues of global top tier financial institutions. Duties & accountabilities
- • Documenting functional and requirement specifications to define detail input and output, file content, systems functions, system controls and performance criteria.
- • Help establish cost and time estimates for implementation.
- • Configuring Markit EDM application to meet the client specifications.
- • Testing the project deliverables ensuring they are in line with documented requirements.
- • Interacting with clients and colleagues to ensure accurate and timely information flows.
- • Making recommendations for implementation of new systems and technologies where appropriate.
- • Providing consultancy to clients for business improvements. Investigates and documents existing procedures. Discusses proposed solutions for complex systems with customer.
- • Mentoring and coaching of less experienced analysts and consultants.
- • Participation in pre-sales activity including but not limited to demonstrating product functionality and proposed enhancements.
- • Contributing to Implementation 'Best Practice' guidelines.
Education and experience
- Information Technology University Degree, 2 to 4 years or equivalent
- Appreciation of the Project Management and Project Lifecycle
- SQL skills - beginner to intermediate
- An interest in the financial world and technology associated with it
- Time management and organisational skills
- Self-starter with an attention to detail
- Ambitious and looking to build on their university career in a fast moving environment
- Good presentations skills (preparation and delivery)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.