Global Risk Operating Associate
Global Markets is seeking an Analyst and Associate to join the Remediation Risk team in the Global Markets Operating Risk organization in NY, London or Dallas.
The Global Markets Operating Risk organization is responsible for oversight of Operational Risk (across Sales, Trading, Engineering and Operations), Supervision, Conduct, Control Remediation, and Business Resiliency for the Global Markets Division, working closely with our colleagues in Operations and Engineering, Compliance, Risk, Legal and Internal Audit.
Candidates should be interested in joining a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, and working with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of or interest in either (a) the Securities businesses and markets or (b) risk management techniques, as well as excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Roles and Responsibilities
The Remediation risk team will be responsible for remediation risk across global markets including the following:
- Work closely with and support senior divisional leadership, to develop, implement and maintain a remediation risk program for the Global Markets Division.
- Bring Business, Operations, Engineering and federation personnel project sponsors and stakeholders to the table to build complex solutions while balancing competing priorities
- Manage the program of work for large scale risk remediations projects that have a significant impact on the division. Projects may include regulatory remediation, control remediation, and other audit related remediation
- Understand strategic plans, commercial drivers, process and technical architecture to influence, design and develop solutions for enhanced risk mitigation programs and governance
- Develop management reporting, reporting dashboards, and strategic tools to highlight high risks and to improve visibility and facilitate escalation to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree. Economics, finance, accounting, science, mathematics, management information system or engineering preferred but not required
- Any experience in a risk management or control discipline, within the financial industry or any other industry
- Strong project management and process implementation / improvement experience
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets and products
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and SharePoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate concisely and accurately
- Strong attention to detail
- Commercial focus, team player, self-motivated
- Experience working with Technology including defining and clarifying business requirements, demonstrate comprehension of business logic
- Ability to manage timelines/deadlines, multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to identify and articulate complex issues to a diverse group of stakeholders, propose mitigants/solutions and escalate appropriately
- Experience with and comfortable facilitating project working groups and possesses strong data gathering skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and oral; confident in interaction with senior stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with strong business analysis and planning skills.