Global Markets, Loan Management, Trade Analytics
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Loan Management team is a business unit within the Global Markets division, primarily supporting the Mortgage Loan Trading and Structured Finance desks. The team is a multi-faceted diligence and asset management platform specializing in whole loan acquisition, sales, securitizations, and financing opportunities. The Loan Management team has product expertise across mortgages, consumer loans, real estate and warehouse financing.
Loan Management is seeking a motivated professional to support Global Markets Mortgage Loan Trading and Banking trades. The successful candidate will be responsible for the analysis of performing and non-performing loan acquisitions, sales, securitizations, P&L reporting, and back-testing.
- Work with the trading desk on various stages of potential non-performing, re-performing loan and new originations bids (NPL/RPL/ New Origination), normalize and load loan level data into internal databases, analyze and stratify pools, determine appropriate modeling assumptions, run analytics and produce bid packets and investment committee memos
- Interact with the Mortgage Banking team on deal securitizations to produce analytics, schedules for the governing documents, accurate loan level data, and work with transaction managers on diligence items
- Work with the desk on monthly marking of residential mortgage warehouse positions
- Collaborate with transaction managers and due diligence teams to ensure all post-bid activities data related to final settlement of awarded bids are accurately reflected in the systems
- Provide thoughtful monthly quantitative analysis on the key drivers of portfolio performance and recommend actionable strategies to asset managers and the trading desk
- Produce detailed monthly reports on P&L, returns, cash flows and collateral performance of the loan portfolio across multiple portfolios
- Conduct a periodic model back-testing on the existing portfolio and recommend modeling assumptions adjustments to the trading desk
- Collaborate across internal teams (Data Management,Operations, Technology, and Modeling) to ensure the quality of data, accurate cash processing, and validate modeling assumptions
- Strong Academic Background - Finance, Accounting, Math, or Engineering with a min 3.2 GPA
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Must know or be able to learn Microsoft Excel at an advanced level
- Technical Skills including SQL, Tableau a plus
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required