Division Investment Real Estate Merchant/Vice President, Portfolio,Management, Finance And Insurance Industry
We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Merchant Banking Division invests in real estate equity, corporate equity and debt, debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
The team seeks an Associate for MBD Real Estate Portfolio Management, based in Dallas, TX, to support the Urban Investment Group (UIG), a principal investing and lending platform that seeks to drive double bottom line returns by investing in underserved communities across the United States. The team makes debt and equity investments that finance real estate developments including mixed-income and affordable housing, retail, office, industrial and charter school facilities, and provides financing to student and small business lenders, among others. UIG also manages GS Bank's Community Reinvestment Act program.
- Coordinate with Asset Management Team on production of Business Plans for determination of asset and investment performance, and continually refine and improve the Business Plan production process
- Produce portfolio business plan and budget forecasts
- Create dynamic models able to run impacts to portfolios with various sensitivities to determine optimal returns for outperformance
- Drive portfolio outcomes by providing commercial insights to the business by maintaining accurate data regarding business plan benchmarks such as leasing, yields, dispositions and acquisitions
- Effectively leverage tools to support portfolio performance and accretive decision making to both enhance firm returns and mitigate risk
- Coordinate with Divisional CFO team and Federation teams (e.g. Controllers Credit, Tax, Compliance) to manage portfolio risk, resource usage and p&l
- Collaborate with all internal stakeholders for property capital requirements and financial reporting
- Help drive technology initiatives to enhance business infrastructure
- Produce a range of management reports for internal and external audiences
- Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university
- 5+ minimum years of experience in real estate portfolios,prior experience leading and managing a team of real estate professionals
- Advance modelling skills; Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment; ability to prioritize
- Strong project management skills as well as ability to work collaboratively with peers