Director of Finance
Director-Head of Homebuilder Finance Dallas, TX, USA/en-US/External/job/Dallas-TX-USA/Director-Head-of-Homebuilder-Finance_R210000703-1/apply
200 Crescent Court, Suite 225
Job Family Group:
Commercial Sales & Service Director-Head of Homebuilder Finance
This position will lead our Homebuilding Specialty Segment within the Commercial Real Estate Group at BMO. BMO is an active lender in this space and is focused on participations in public homebuilder lines, leading bilateral facilities with private homebuilders on single family home construction as well as project level financing for for-sale products (primarily finished product with limited appetite for land development financing). Additionally, the Director-Head of Homebuilder Finance will facilitate growth initiatives for the Bank through significant business development and excellent management of key client relationships. They will maintain an outstanding and continuous record of significant revenue generation from sales and syndications, while ensuring the required internal control standards, including adherence to audit, regulatory and compliance policies are followed.
- Leads and executes business development plans to that business goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Acts as a subject matter expert, specifically in Homebuilder Finance, on relevant regulations and policies.
- Advises on sales strategy based on a deep understanding of the market, relevant industry verticals, market competitors, client needs and business growth opportunities.
- Supports team members in pre-sales activities such as pitch preparation, client research, preparation of prospect and client files for further action.
- Responsible for the development and growth of team members
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- In-depth knowledge of the Homebuilder Finance industry a must
- Strong network of industry connections and relationships within the Homebuilder industry required
- Demonstrated history of successful business development, including ability to network in external markets
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant industry verticals and markets competitive environment
- Experience in contact negotiations with both clients and legal counsel
- Previous people manager preferred
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted TodayFull timeR210000703 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.