Your road to success
starts here. #TheSantanderEffect #WeAllDeserveRespect
Associate, Application Development, Servicing SoR Req ID: oCTUcfwl Date posted 06/22/2020
Job Family: Information Technology
Designs, analyzes and supports the company's information technology structure, systems and processes. Acquires, designs, implements and operates the company's information technology resources (e.g., computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications, data, databases, etc.). Deploys, acquires, maintains and ensures security of information technology assets. Plans and tests processes to ensure compliance with system requirements, business objectives, security standards and other technical requirements.
Job Function: Software Engineering
Responsible for designing, developing, implementing and updating electronic data systems in accordance with the needs of the company. Activities include evaluating, scheduling and resourcing development projects, investigating user needs, writing, testing and maintaining computer programs, and preparing systems documentation. Executes technical plans, system analysis, detailed design specifications, development, unit and component testing.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Associate, Application Development, Servicing SoR develops, maintains, and enhances critical business applications, and provides specialized technical, and quick hit solutions for strategic and near term projects. S/he leads the design and development of solutions aligned with all facets of the servicing business units utilizing robust computing architectures in a multi-tier environment. The incumbent delivers products using various methodologies including waterfall and agile to ensure the highest priorities are delivered first.
The Associate, Application Development, Servicing SoR is a subject matter expert who develops software programs to meet project schedule and maintains and supports existing software applications, while working to resolve complex issues.
- Develops or modifies complex software that is optimized for performance.
- Maintains software across multiple business units, especially for servicing.
- Develops high profile, high performance solutions using cutting edge technologies.
- Contributes to application software reporting initiatives.
- Maintains and supports existing software applications Identifies and resolves complex app issues and bugs.
- Interacts with business areas, and systems analysts and/or business analysts to document business requirements and communicate project specifications; clarifies requirement-related issues as needed.
- Tests new installations and/or software prior to release to minimize failures and impact.
- Develops and maintains good understanding of application environment.
- Analyzes business requirements across multiple business areas, usually as a team lead, including the evaluation of application software packages.
- Formulates and defines application scope and objectives; devises and modifies procedures to solve business problems.
- Creates impact and details design documents, translating requirements into an appropriate system design, and version control of deliverables.
- Codes and configures application components and interfaces.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other project managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field
- Master's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience -
- 5-9 years knowledge of Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC).
- 5-9 years in consumer lending domain (auto finance preferred)
- 5-9 years developing using WCF and/or WebAPI
- 5-9 years DB Development w/Microsoft SQL Server—including stored procedures in T-SQL
- 5-9 years ETL development using SSIS and/or Informatica
- 2+ years with multiple enterprise job schedulers platforms such as ESP, Autosys, or Control-M
- 5-9 years Microsoft Team Foundation Server as a source code repository as well as a build-and-release toolchain
- 2+ years application modernization onto Azure PaaS or IaaS platform (e.g. Stack, Pack, etc.)
- 5-9 years Enterprise Change management processes and techniques
- 2+ years rules engine such as iLog or Drools
- 3+ years static code analysis with Fortify or equivalent tool
- 3+ years supporting processes involving online customer servicing letters & correspondence
- 5-9 years supporting processes involving customer payments, including debit cards
- Integration with consumer finance servicing back-end systems including Shaw IL, and Shaw VL
- Preferred if also experience with an alternate real-time product such as MISER
- 3+ years developing on in-house call center/collections servicing applications
- 3+ years development and support of system depending on real-time connectivity to IBM CICS back-end
- 3+ years development and support of system depending on real-time connectivity to a servicing SoR on a Unisys ClearPath MCP platform
- 3+ years programming batch jobs
- 2+ years programming contributions towards end-customer-facing website
- Skills & Abilities -
- Able to work with business users to effectively elicit requirements and solution architecture
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion.
- Able to assimilate research data from a variety of sources, analyze, and recommend appropriate courses of action to take.
- Able to coach others in the development of their skills.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines. Able to design applications using new or existing methodologies. Able to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed.
- Able to express ideas clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to identify areas of risk/concern in area of responsibility.
- Able to identify needs and opportunities and develop action plans to address.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Able to think strategically and tactically. Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to prepare/analyze appropriate reports and other business correspondence.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in "Good Standing"
Please click here to see the full policy -
Share this job
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Work in Dallas
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and you'll receive news, updates and alerts for the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the “” poster and supplement and the
to view the California Privacy Notice. Need assistance? Contact