An industry-leading financial institution is looking to hire multiple individuals with a strong background in Residential Mortgage and Wholesale Underwriting. The candidate ideally has 3 to 5 years of experience in Credit Risk and Consumer Assets. This role will interact closely with the front office and will combine client-facing and analytical skill sets.
- Analyze and approve purchases of consumer, student, and residential mortgage loans
- Monitor the credit quality trends for existing consumer asset and residential mortgage portfolios
- Develop and manage processes for the firms purchase criteria of new consumer assets
- 3 to 5 years of underwriting experience
- Strong understanding of the residential mortgage industry and underwriting various mortgage products
- Proven track record of independent decision making and client negotiations