Compliance, Global Transaction Banking - Transaction Monitoring, Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB GLOBAL COMPLIANCE
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS This role is also open to Salt Lake City, UT. BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
Financial Crime Compliance ("FCC") has primary responsibility for the execution of the firm's enterprise-wide Anti-Money Laundering ("AML"), anti-bribery, and government sanctions compliance programs and, among other things, performs enhanced due diligence and government sanctions screening, as well as surveillance and investigations designed to identify potential terrorist financing, money laundering, bribery, market abuse, or other suspicious activity.
Goldman Sachs Bank USA (the "Bank") is a New York State-chartered bank and a member of the Federal Reserve System. All of the firm's revenue divisions conduct business in the Bank. Bank activities include the acceptance of client, customer and brokered deposits; the origination of bank loans and mortgage loans; entering into interest rate, credit, currency, and other derivatives; and agency lending. The Bank facilitates client transactions and makes markets in fixed income products. OPPORTUNITY
FCC is seeking an individual to join its FCC Transaction Banking team to assist in designing and implementing transaction monitoring surveillance models, and lead the operational aspect of AML Transaction Monitoring for Global Transaction Banking business. S/he will be working with cross-divisional partners, including technology, operations and business personnel through all aspects of strategic and tactical builds/changes to the critical transaction monitoring program, including but not limited to the following:
- Capturing, analyzing and documenting business requirements and functional specifications
- Data sourcing, data analysis and identifying data requirements
- Working with Investigation team to identify the issues and spin projects to optimize the surveillances
- Working with business to adapt surveillance and models to changing business products
- Data validation planning and execution oversight
- Project tracking and execution
- Documentation of project artifacts for Compliance testing, Model Validation, regulatory and audit purposes
The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills, the ability to collaborate with others, manage workflows and multi-task. The team member is expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's global transaction banking businesses, and the rules and regulations under which the Bank operates.
The role is open to start immediately. Basic Qualifications:
- 5+ years of prior experience in an analytical or technical role in Financial Crimes Compliance, preferably in Global Transaction Banking, Corporate Cash Management and/or Payments business
- Understanding of AML and terrorist financing trends and typologies
- Knowledge of and experience with the latest AML transaction monitoring technology
- Experience of working on AML Transaction Monitoring product implementations, such as Actimize and Mantas; preferably modern transaction monitoring systems leveraging machine learning algorithms for detection
- Proficiency in Excel (pivots, VLookups) and other data query/analytics/visualization tools
- Ability to communicate AML requirements for consumption by Engineering teams
- Ability to deal with data models and work on mapping data across platforms
- Excellent organization and project management skills - ability to execute and manage a project independently is extremely important
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Ability to prioritize work flows and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to work independently and yet still be team-oriented
- Ability to deal with databases, SQL scripts and query data sets
- Understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the digital finance sector, particularly as they relate to AML and Fraud
- Experience and understanding of Global Payments and Corporate Banking business
Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programs designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training program, 'Goldman Sachs University' offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in your continued professional and personal development. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity