Commercial Bank - Vice President - Global Trade - CCBSI South
Commercial Banking offers clients the convenience and vast banking network of Chase, combined with the thought leadership and global financial capabilities of J.P. Morgan. We deliver extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and dedicated service to more than 24,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit organizations with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion.
The role is part of Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries within the Commercial Bank. This segment is responsible for managing relationships with public and private companies with revenues of $500 million and above. This group provides traditional corporate banking products as well as investment banking products to its clients.
J.P. Morgan Commercial Banking (CB) Global Trade offers financing and risk mitigation products to our Corporate Client Banking and Specialized Industries (CCBSI) and Middle Market Banking and Specialized Industries (MMBSI) client base. Client solutions include Supply Chain Finance, Export / ECA Finance, Trade Loans, Receivables Finance and Purchase, Contract Monetization, Inventory Finance, Commercial Letters of Credit, Standby Letters of Credit, and Guarantees. This fast growing business is a critical element of a complete Commercial Banking (CB) client relationship, and an important component of our Wholesale Payments and international growth strategies.
The Global Trade Sales Officer will take end-to-end ownership of a portfolio of clients and bankers covering CCBSI clients headquartered in the southern states of the US. The successful candidate will be responsible for Trade finance business development, management of client strategies, origination of profitable business in line with those strategies, client advisory, portfolio management, and issue resolution working closely with Bankers, Credit, Operations, Trade and various internal business partners across lines of business. Key Objectives and Responsibilities
- Lead Global Trade sales and origination efforts for assigned portfolio. Identify, qualify, and win opportunities.
- Negotiate and close complex sales of trade or cross-product solutions.
- Develop a robust calling effort across assigned client portfolio.
- Maintain account plans with banking coverage partners across assigned portfolio.
- Meet or exceed aggressive sales goals including:
- Client calling
- Pipeline development
- Revenue growth
- New business acquisition
- Portfolio profitability
- Product diversity
- Collaborate with Bankers, Treasury Management Officers, and Product Sales Specialists to develop and deliver custom global trade, international, and cross product solutions for corporate clients.
- Maintain active communications with domestic and international Trade partners, and up-to-date knowledge of market and product developments.
- Develop and execute client strategies in close coordination with Bankers and product partners.
- Identify potential issues and process inefficiencies and escalate appropriately within the Risk and Control framework.
- Identify challenges and develop solutions. Take end-to-end ownership to ensure positive trade experience for clients and bankers.
- Deliver best-in-class external materials and engagements in partnership with Marketing, Product Management, and other key partners.
- Represent JPM's Global Trade capabilities at internal and external events.
- Provide input into product development, marketing, and other strategic initiatives.
- In depth knowledge of the Traditional Trade and Supply Chain Finance products.
- Familiarity with the Export Finance / Export Credit agency product set.
- Experience working with credit and an understanding of the credit process.
- Extensive, demonstrated success in sales, relationship building, business development, and results-oriented performance.
- Consultative sales acumen; ability to develop advisory relationships with clients, prospects and bankers. Intensive client focus.
- Excellence in sales, negotiation and deal management.
- Proven ability to establish, develop, and manage relationships with senior executives, and to influence others.
- A team player with a strong sense of ownership.
- An independent, self-motivated, high energy performer able to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Excellence in communication and organizational navigation.
- Executive presence; polished speaker who can present comfortably with the ability to convincingly present complex material effectively to large and small audiences.
- Understanding of and ability to manage the business and personal factors that influence decision making.
- Capacity for leadership.
- Ability to travel as needed.