Commercial Bank - Commercial Banker/Treasury Associate - Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries - Government Industry - Dallas
Commercial Banking leads the way in supporting businesses with annual revenues between $20 million and $2 billion as they achieve and sustain their competitive edge. Whether an organization conducts business across town or across borders, we are committed to transforming its banking experience, regardless of industry. With customizable credit and financing, treasury solutions, international banking and real estate services that scale to growing businesses, we ensure we are bringing the best services and expertise to every aspect of our clients' financial needs. Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) is a Commercial Banking business located in 117 offices across the US and Canada. MMBSI provides credit, cash management, capital markets and corporate finance advisory solutions to corporations, municipalities and not-for-profit entities via our Core Banking and Specialized Industries teams. Core Banking teams generally focus on clients with annual revenues of $20 million to $500 million. Our local delivery model, coupled with the firm's global resources, allows us to provide clients with customized, comprehensive solutions and exceptional service. Within our Specialized Industries practice, we have experts strategically focused on serving businesses within a variety of industry segments, including, but not limited to Agribusiness, Government, Healthcare and Technology. By employing our industry expertise, we can deliver comprehensive financial solutions that are tailored to industry dynamics and standards. In MMBSI, our competitive advantages include robust international capabilities, the ability to provide clients with access to world-class investment banking solutions and our focus on industry specialization. These key differentiators, combined with our dedication to personalized service, allows us to build long-term relationships with mid-sized businesses and a wide spectrum of municipalities and not-for-profit entities. Government Industry
Government Industry handles over 2000 client relationships across the country. The team focuses on cities, counties, school districts and other government entities. Government industry work with dedicated product specialists from Treasury & Securities Services, Public Finance, Securities Trading, Asset Management and Leasing to provide the firm's extensive services and products to our clients and prospects. Job Responsibilities
As a Government Banking and Treasury associate, your primary goal is to contribute to new sales targets to achieve portfolio growth objectives by providing support to Bankers and Treasury Management Officers (TMOs).You will be held accountable for creation of briefing memos, account plans and Pitch Books, and also for ensuring coordination among Bankers, product partners, TMOs and other internal partners to develop client solutions. You will play an integral role in helping gain, manage and maintain client and prospect relationships
• Work with the Banker and/or TMO on client proposals
• Function as the lead on smaller accounts and as backup on larger clients
• Identify financial needs and treasury solutions and recommend appropriate products and services.
• Develop and understand competitors' products and positioning within the client & market
• Work with Bankers and TMOs throughout the sales cycle to manage pipeline and ensure services and pricing are set up timely and accurately
• Coordinate with internal partners to ensure successful implementation, product ramp-up and accurate pricing/billing required
• Optimizes portfolio revenue opportunities and balance revenue growth (credit vs non-credit) across products and service
• Identify opportunities to cross sell every relationship across the firm's LOBs
• Execute sales coverage plan
• Conduct rigorous qualitative research to assist deal team with business development efforts and call preparation Qualifications Experience
- 3 years with above average performance results in a similar banking role or credit/lending related experience.
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent
- Demonstrate superior knowledge of the market dynamics and its competitive landscape preferred
- Demonstrate ability to develop and retain new and profitable relationships in a highly competitive environment
- Knowledge of unique structure and procurement process for Government clients and prospects •
- Ability to partner well i.e. develop and maintain solid positive & productive "internal relations" with product partners, credit executives, senior management, customer service, etc.
- Formal bank credit training program including Treasury solutions, cost/benefit analysis, pricing and profitability models,
- Strong interest in working with experienced Banking and Treasury partners in order to recognize a client's cash flow needs and apply appropriate banking solutions
- Demonstrate the ability to understand Banking and Treasury Services products, pricing philosophy, and billing process and procedures
- Strong drive/ambition to develop into an individual contributor salesperson, Banker or TMO
- Excellent problem solving and strong leadership skills required
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to mobilize internal networks and resources
- Time management, organizational and planning skills with proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) and superior analytical and quantitative skills
The final officer title and job grade is at the discretion of the firm and will be discussed at the time of offer. It may be different than what is listed on the requisition based on candidate experience level.