CCB-Risk-Business Banking Credit Approval Officer V-VP
JPMorgan Chase & Co
. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firmwith assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader ininvestment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses,commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. Acomponent of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. servesmillions of customers in the United States and many of the world's mostprominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morganand Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com Our Firmwide RiskFunction
is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces asense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standardsin governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are builtaround the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face,financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing theright thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent,respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bringand embracing an inclusive environment. Chase Consumer & CommunityBanking (CCB)
serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range offinancial services, including personal banking, small business banking andlending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Consumer & Community Banking RiskManagement partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess,prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses includefraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others
As an Underwriter / Credit ApprovalOfficer 5 in Business Banking you are responsible for the following:
- Evaluates credit applications and makes decisions to approve or decline loan requests, or approve requests subject to specified conditions.
- The purpose of this position is to facilitate Small Business loan portfolio growth and protect the bank from loss, maintaining acceptable asset quality.
- Senior level officer with high authority and experience.
- Independently analyzes, or at times may work with the Credit Delivery Manager, to evaluate the risk of adding a particular transaction to the bank's loan portfolio.
- Identifies additional information requirements needed to properly assess risks of the transaction.
- Considers alternative credit structures to mitigate risk where appropriate.
- Either approves the request as presented, declines it, or approves it subject to conditions.
- Meets with appropriate staff members to discuss potential transactions, identify key risks and information requirements. Ensures that credit facilities presented for approval are properly graded.
- Meets with customers/prospects of the bank where the industry or credit structure is unusual or unique.
- Mostly works independently without direct supervision.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced Credit Approval Officers.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, graduate degree in business preferred.
- Completion of advanced courses in finance, accounting, and credit either through a bank sponsored training program or college course work.
- Typically 10-12 plus years experience as a relationship manager, underwriter or similar position requiring business banking/commercial knowledge and credit judgment.
- Ability to formulate and articulate objective views based on professional analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of credit philosophy and policies, loan documentation, bankruptcy and related legal issues.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, as well as analytic and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated PC aptitude.
- Works effectively in a team environment, while assuming individual responsibility.