HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Are you passionate about learning, development and helping others reach their potential? We’re looking for a professional to join our Learning and Engagement team who wants to use their skills and ideas to help people grow, develop and improve their performance at the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Human Capital Management (HCM) recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help them advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm’s most valuable asset, its people.
The Learning and Engagement team in HCM oversees learning and development initiatives and programming for the firm. We educate our people on our culture, orient new hires, help people design their career paths, provide opportunities for technical skill development, build awareness of diversity, and develop new and experienced managers and leaders.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Collaborate closely with global colleagues to implement classroom, blended and on-line learning solutions on topics including:
- Creating effective managers
- Promoting diversity and inclusion
- Developing the firm’s leadership pipeline
- Integrating hires into the firm and its culture
- Fostering individual professional skills development
- Analyze learning needs in consultation with stakeholders
- Design and develop innovative and cutting-edge learning solutions
- Research thought-provoking content and frameworks that supports learning needs
- Communicate closely with business stakeholders to gain support for initiatives
- Launch and implement programs both locally and across the globe
- Define and analyse key performance metrics, in order to monitor success of initiatives, optimize the approach and report on program impact
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor degree required.
- 1-3 years of experience working in learning and development, event management, or project management
- Intellectual curiosity and problem-solving acumen to transform abstract ideas into tangible solutions
- Highly organized, excellent project management skills, attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Candidates should have comfort presenting to audiences
- Results-oriented -- ability to balance multiple, time-sensitive projects while maintaining a longer term, strategic focus
- Ability to analyse data and draw conclusions
- Demonstrated client service focus and ability to build relationships across levels, functions and regions
- Knowledge of financial services industry