Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division include Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses, as well as our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are seeking a business risk professional to support our business risk office within the Consumer Digital Finance team. Candidates should have direct experience in a consumer business risk office (first line of defense) or compliance function (second line of defense), including implementing first- or second-line quality programs, observations and findings, and interacting with regulators.
The successful candidate will:
- Oversee multiple initiatives in support of risk and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives on behalf of the business including but not limited to: Risk and Control Self Assessments, Sarbanes Oxley Certifications, Complaint Management, Issue Management, Risk Event Management, Change Management, New Product Risk Assessments and Line of Defense Testing as well as Audit and Exam Management
- Assess levels of adherence/execution and identify risk/control/process improvements
- Ensure the business functions have adequate processes and procedures in place to effectively monitor and manage risk
- Identify, analyze, monitor and minimize business risks and ensure proper control policies and procedures are in place
- Manage and coordinate analytical reporting needs for the business units
- 3-8 years’ experience in, or working with, second line risk management teams including Legal, Compliance, Operational Risk, Credit Risk and Financial Crime teams preferred
- Ideal candidates will have experience in ongoing business risk functions including Risk and Control Self Assessments, Sarbanes Oxley Certifications, Complaint Management, Issue Management, Risk Event Management, Change Management, New Product Risk Assessments and Line of Defense Testing as well as Audit and Exam Management
- Experience with consumer/retail products such as credit cards, lending, savings, etc. preferred
- Broad-based knowledge of business, compliance risk management and applicable regulatory requirements
- Ability to establish and maintain a culture of risk management and compliance, while delivering a world class customer experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership, key stakeholders and related counterparts
- Understanding and ability to communicate impact on line of business of all relevant firm/regulatory led initiatives
- Proven ability to apply strategic thinking to multiple, complex organizational and business issues
- Ability to lead and drive change
- Project management skills