Associate - FHA Underwriting
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 24 Nov 17 2017-11-24
Associate - FHA Underwriting
Reporting to the FHA Chief Underwriter or a Director, the Analyst/Associate is responsible for assisting and supporting loan production functions, including: financial compilations; review of third party reports; underwriting analysis; preparation of sections of the underwriting narrative; processing loan exhibits; document collection and transmittal; and, client relations. Support underwriting staff working on a pipeline of complex Multifamily/Affordable MAP transactions. Work directly with underwriters/loan originators and clients as necessary throughout the due diligence process.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists underwriting staff throughout the due diligence process. The FHA Processor/Analyst's will be assigned a pipeline of transactions working directly with FHA underwriter in an effort to see deals through the MAP underwriting process.
- Processing, including detailed review of all third-party reports associated with each transaction type and completing sections of the underwriter narrative.
- Early identification of processing/underwriting issues and risks.
- Ability to perform all production duties of FHA Loan Processing.
- Analysis of investment real estate organizational documents, financial statements, rent rolls, evidence of site control, mortgage credit, and other finance related exhibits used in connection with preparing an application package.
- At times performing project and comparable property inspections as assigned.
- Maintains Closer system with status of assigned transactions.
- Completion of closing handoff requirements and coordination with closing and asset management as needed.
- Provides guidance and assistance on loan proposals, as needed. Participate in ad hoc internal committees.
- Process a pipeline of complex multifamily and affordable housing transactions.
- Develops and maintain strong relationships with FHA/ HUD offices and counterparts.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, and/or related field required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of one to two years of Multifamily experience with the FHA 221 (d) 4 loan program and familiarity with construction lending practices is desirable. Associate must have three to four years minimum experience.
- Knowledge of the FHA processing and underwriting standards and requirements.
- Demonstrated significant FHA MAP multifamily processing experience is required with MAP Approval. HUD 232/LEAN experience is desirable, but not required.
- Familiarity with affordable housing policies and underwriting practices ideal.
- Ability to manage effectively management a pipeline of complex multifamily transactions.
- Must be able to prioritize at a high level.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents and provide succinct credit decisions with the necessary support for those decisions.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to succinctly and accurately present information and respond to questions from borrowers, employees, and executive level management.
- Strong writing ability.
- Strong analytical abilities to grasp complex transactional issues and assess risk.
Requires a self-motivated, team player who has strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment, and comfortable interacting with all levels of management. Ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must desire to work in a high-energy environment with a dedicated commitment to excellence. Collaborative, team-oriented, service-oriented. History of effective multi-tasking, expectation setting, escalation of issues, where appropriate. Focused attention to detail and high standards for quality and accuracy in his/her work product. A great attitude and strong work ethic.