Advisory Services Intern, Due Diligence
Position Description Transaction Advisory Services Internship - Due Diligence - Spring 2021 Location Dallas, TX Job Code 2203 # of openings 1
Weaver has built a nationwide presence on an unwavering commitment to its clients’ success, acting with integrity and always striving to transcend expectations. The firm has grown to be the 35th largest firm in the United States, according to INSIDE Public Accounting; it is also ranked the largest independent accounting firm based in the Southwest by Accounting Today magazine.
From Fortune 500 multinational companies to start-ups, Weaver is a national firm serving commercial, financial services and government clients. The firm is particularly well known in financial services, energy, manufacturing and distribution, construction, technology, real estate, health care and government. Weaver services go beyond traditional assurance and tax services to include risk advisory, transaction advisory, IT advisory, energy compliance and consulting, forensics and litigation services, and specialty tax services such as international tax, state and local tax and private client services. Learn more at .
This is a full time internship from January 2021 through April 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Core Competency is the demonstrated ability to carry out the primary responsibilities of the job which should be reflected in the essential duties section of the job description. This is a full-time internship .
- Creating financial models based on business issues or transactions being analyzed
- Assisting in drafting reports and findings including the preparation of tables, exhibits and charts
- Assisting with researching various technical and industry specific issues
- Balancing multiple engagements and responsibilities
- Communicating effectively with all levels of engagement management
- Developing excellent professional oral and written communication skills in order to establish working relationships with client personnel
- Exhibiting a professional, business-like demeanor
- Exercising professional judgment on engagements by providing proactive solutions and recommendations
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate mindfulness of budget and deadline considerations and strive for adherence
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage ambiguity
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Must be flexible with the potential travel requirements of client service projects
- Other duties as required
- Be familiar with and adhere to relevant ethical requirements of the AICPA, contained in the Code of Professional Conduct, the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, and the Texas Society of CPAs in discharging their professional responsibilities
- Adhere to the Firm’s policies and procedures, Core Values, demonstrate their importance to others, and provide input to management on suggested modifications to Firm policies and procedures as necessary
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong academic credentials (minimum GPA of 3.2)
- Candidates should be actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Applicants must be able to perform a full-time internship
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and deadline oriented
- Sufficient technical skills to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position
Weaver is an Equal Opportunity Employer Share