Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
Accounts Payable Coordinator
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for assisting and at times lead supporting the Accounts Payable process and function. This position supports processes associated with the payment of invoices, ensuring the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to vendor payment, processing of purchase orders, receiving invoices and payment of invoices, and communication with customers and vendors. This position ensures company policies and procedures are adhered to as they pertain to accounts payable.
Essential Job Functions
- Assisting with implementing and maintaining policies, procedures, and systems to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Accounts Payable process.
- Updates and maintains vendor information in ERP systems
- Maintains supporting documentation and vendor files (electronic) in accordance with company policy and tax requirements
- Scrutinizes vendor supporting documentation for accuracy
- 1099 maintenance and preparation
- Stays up to date on 1099 requirements
- Conducts policy and procedures training for workflow system
- Monitors and directs communications addressed to Disbursements team
- Acts as liaison between vendors and company
- Monitors workflow systems for exceptions and issues
- Provides user support for workflow system and AP specific issues in the ERP system
- Assists in month end closings
- Assist with special projects as needed such as process improvement initiatives and new software implementations.
- Trains and assists with the on-boarding of AP employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
- Two to three years of Accounts Payable experience required.
- Intermediate knowledge of generally accepted Accounts Payable processes.
- Ability to identify problems, collect and analyze data and draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Analytical and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including, proficient in use of Excel and MS Office.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience with JD Edwards-Enterprise One System or other large ERP system preferred but not required.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and criminal back ground check.
Requires a detail oriented, independent thinker who can be a part of a team and demonstrates strong attention to detail, and demonstrate knowledge of accounting payable practices and procedures. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and industry professionals.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.