Accounts Payable Analyst
Accounts Payable Analyst I
As part of the nations centralbank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is committed to strengthening theeconomy and our communities. At the Fed,you have the opportunity to become part of an important public serviceinstitution whose work touches lives across the globe. Its a big job andthats why we need talented, results-driven professionals who care about makinga difference.
The Accounts Payable Analyst I will workunder general direction with minimal supervision to use discretion inidentifying and resolving moderately complex problems and assignments. Handlemost regular issues independently and confer with Management on unusualmatters. Interact and communicates frequently with internal and externalcustomers, other FRBs and Audit. Decisions may impact work assigned to staffmembers in the area. Perform a variety of tasks, routine processes and handlesduties requiring experience and judgment.
- Analyzes invoice issues and/or travel expense reports and processes payments in accordance with Bank policies.
- Applies accounts payable and accounting principles, practices and techniques to record, classify and analyze accounts payable data and transactions.
- Performs problem resolutions, including analysis, reporting, troubleshooting, root cause identification and corrective actions related to processes.
- Interacts and communicates with internal and external customers, other FRBs and Audit and maintains effective working relationship with Stakeholders.
- Researches and assists with evaluation of processes to provide recommended improvements/standardization to improve the efficiency/effectiveness of accounts payable systems and policies.
- Participates in accounts payable projects, providing knowledge to develop and recommend accounting methods and procedures.
- Maintains and reconciles accounts payable accounts and standard reports.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, procedures and policies to ensure adherence to the FRS guidelines and policies.
- Assist in the planning and development of training materials and PowerPoint presentations for various processes/tasks.
Functional Knowledge: Requires expandedconceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities.
Expertise: Understands keybusiness drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
Leadership: No supervisory responsibilitiesbut provides informal guidance to new team members.
Problem Solving: Solves problems instraightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technicalexperience and judgment and precedents
Impact: Impacts quality of own work and thework of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies.
Interpersonal Skills: Explains complexinformation to others in straightforward situations.
- 1 - 3 years of professional experience in accounting, preferably a Shared Services or consolidated environment.
- Proficient in the use of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access databases/queries or similar reporting tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with staff and all levels of management.
- Ability to document and write desktop procedures including flowcharting.
- Ability to speak clearly and write effectively at peer level.
- Acts as a team player, is cooperative and encourages collaboration.
- Takes the initiative to follow through on assignments or tasks.
- Strong attention to detail, accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects to meet deadlines; sets objectives and goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Effectively/efficiently manage time and priorities with ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrate openness to change, flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to handle stress, pressure and work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to assimilate and apply new information quickly.
- Ability to analyze moderately complex problems and assignments.
Bachelors degree inBusiness, Accounting, Finance or other related field.
Accounts Payablecertification (APS) is a plus.
Equivalent educationand/or experience may be substituted.
WORKHOURS AND CONDITIONS:
WorkingConditions: Typically, 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m. Monday Friday. Occasional workduring evening hours and on weekends may be necessary depending on workload andproject schedules.
- By federal law, this position requires that candidates fall within one of the following citizenship categories: (1) U.S. Citizen, (2) U.S. National, or (3) U.S. lawful permanent resident alien (green card holder) who is eligible for and seeking U.S. citizenship within the requisite time frames.
- This position may be filled at various levels based on candidates experience and departmental needs.
- Employment is contingent upon the selected candidate passing a background check and financial credit check.
- 11th District employees that meet minimum job qualifications and have been impacted by a reduction in force will receive first consideration after applying.
- Applicants must be in present position for at least six months. Applicants must also have a good attendance record as defined by Bank standards and be in good performance and conduct standing. Employees on probation are not eligible to apply for posted positions.
TX-Dallas Work Locations: Organization:
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Schedule:
Full-time Job Type:
Day Job Travel: