Manager, Finance & Accounting
Requisition #: 51263
Practice Area: Business Support Services
Location: Denver, CO; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Montvale, NJ; New York, NY; Dallas, TX
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Finance & Accounting to join our Finance and Accounting organization.
- Prepare, automate and deliver standardize monthly financial reports, including KPIs, and management-related financial packages and analyses
- Routinely review and analyze portfolio-level financial results and variances, and communicate findings and recommendations to leadership and key stakeholders
- Run month-end and year-end closing activities, including preparing journal entries to accurately record financials in the general ledger in accordance with the Firm's policy; manage preparations of the annual plan and quarterly forecasts and lead certain aspects of the quarterly forecast presentation materials and present key takeaways to leadership
- Author the Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) chapter, summarizing financial performance for multiple investment areas on a monthly basis; provide value added Finance and Accounting support to the firm’s strategic investment, allowing the firm to make informed decisions around financial resource allocations to maximize returns
- Conduct market research, landscape analysis, and competitive intelligence – while developing to be a subject matter professional, highlighting latest trends and insights around current investments
- Own, lead and play a key role in the design and implementation of new initiatives and special projects; demonstrate the ability to independently lead and manage multiple investment area(s)
- Minimum six years of progressive finance and accounting experience; preferably within a professional services firm or similar environment; supervisory experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; knowledge of data retrieval and reporting systems, such as SAP/HANA and Hyperion Financial Management preferred
- Knowledge of advanced analytical and visualization tools such as Power BI, Alteryx and/or Tableau preferred
- Excellent time management, planning, and project skills including the ability to interact with and present to senior level leadership
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Colorado Salary Statement:
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: Low: $79600 - High: $145900
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.