> Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Manager, Global Accounting Job Location US-MA-Boston | US-IL-Chicago | US-TX-Dallas
Job ID 2020-4475
Posted Date 9/11/2020
Type Regular Full-Time Location : Location US-MA-Boston
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the worlds most ambitious change makers define the future. Across 59 offices in 37 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest over $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise and insight to organizations tackling todays urgent challenges in education, racial and social equity, economic development and the environment. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients. We proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry, and our clients have outperformed the stock market 4-to-1.
Under general supervision, performs accounting functions in the corporate general ledger group to prepare timely and accurate global consolidated financial reporting. Support worldwide finance teams to ensure proper application of global policies in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP). Analyzes financial data, maintains and develops accounting controls designed to safeguard company assets, and prepares management reports and financial statements.
- Accumulate, journalize, reconcile and report on worldwide financial information for specific transactions and programs.
- Prepare financial reports for internal and/or external distribution.
- Responsible for reviewing and posting journal entries at the corporate level.
- Review balance sheet and income statement accounts for accuracy.
- Prepare and review analysis of balance sheet changes, including impact of foreign currency translation, for delivery to senior management.
- Oversee month-end global consolidation and revaluation processes and resolve financial system issues that arise during the monthly close.
- Review lease agreements and maintain global real estate information in the lease accounting system including tracking new and existing leases, running calculations, and reviewing/posting lease accounting entries on a global consolidated basis.
- Record and monitor fixed asset transactions, including depreciation expense, for worldwide offices.
- Prepare detailed audit schedules for year-end and interim reviews.
- Assist with finance system implementation by updating and/or preparing necessary Bain Global Accounting policies and instruct/educate worldwide offices to ensure compliance.
- Provide detailed and thorough process improvement analyses for worldwide standardization to allow for easy knowledge transfer and simplicity of accounting transactions.
- Remain informed of new and/or changing US GAAP standards.
- Align the accounting needs from both a Global perspective as well as local statutory perspective.
- Prepare and review financial statements for internal and external reporting, including the statement of cash flows and covenant calculations.
- Assist in the annual conversion of accrual basis financial statements to cash basis of worldwide offices for the US consolidated tax return.
- Assist in the analysis and development of internal controls for safeguarding company assets. Develop documentation of procedures and recommendations for process improvements.
- Perform diversified duties for departmental, corporate and banking requirements, and perform other duties and projects as assigned or responsibilities dictate.
- Represent the company as a highly visible customer service representative, both internally and externally, including inquiries from cost center managers, domestic and international controllers, other finance department staff members, etc.
WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoors Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for .
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS