Manufacturing Process Engineer
Manufacturing Process Engineer Cypress/en-US/professional/job/Cypress/Manufacturing-Process-Engineer_JR6055063/apply Job Description
Manufacturing Process Engineer
As a Manufacturing Process Engineer for Rolls-Royce, youll play a critical role in the delivery of pre-production activities for the Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMC) program and youll work to support the manufacturing capability activities in the Chemical Vapor Infiltration area one of the key processes used to manufacture Ceramic Matrix Composites.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer freedom to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of different areas.
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and continuously improving manufacturing processes and/or methods of manufacture which are capable of meeting our requirements for quality, cost, delivery rate and lead time
- Creating, maintaining and/or governing elements of the Technical Package which clearly define the manufacturing process and control it effectively
- Capturing and analyzing data to demonstrate the current and future capability of manufacturing processes.
- Supporting manufacturing and materials teams to apply suitable problem solving techniques to establish root causes of non-conformance to improve product quality
- Designing and overseeing the procurement of tooling, fixtures and gages required for component manufacturing
- Being responsible for the methods of manufacture of Ceramic Matrix Composites components and ensuring manufacturing processes comply with all legal and customer requirements
- Reviewing customer requirements, drawings and specifications and coordinating manufacturing engineering activities relating to the components
- Planning and managing improvement activities and communicating current status to relevant stakeholders
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic
- A Bachelors degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Materials or Chemical Engineering with 4+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment OR;
- A Masters degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Materials or Chemical Engineering with 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment OR;
- A JD/PhD with 0+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Hands on experience in melt and slurry infiltration processes, chemical vapor deposition or infiltration, basic furnace operation knowledge and ceramic matrix composites manufacturing experience
- Solid understanding and practical experience of improvement projects in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to perform and lead structured problem solving using 7-Step or 8D Root Cause Analysis
- Experience with quality planning tools and processes, lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and project management
- Experience with design and procurement of tooling, fixtures and gages required for component manufacturing
- Experience with troubleshooting and editing programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
We are an equal opportunities employer. Were committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful well be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy .
Closing date: Monday 4th November 2019 Job Category
Manufacturing Engineering Posting Date
25 Oct 2019; 00:10Posted TodayFull timeJR6055063
Rolls-Royce pioneers cutting-edge technologies that deliver the cleanest, safest and most competitive solutions to our planets vital power needs.
Our system does not currently send out automatic job alerts, so be sure to check back regularly for future opportunities.