Software Engineering Manager
Product Software Engineering Manager Product Software Engineering Manager USA-TX-Coppell-Rombauer Rd/en-US/External/job/USA-TX-Coppell-Rombauer-Rd/Product-Software-Engineering-Manager_R0010715/apply
Wolters Kluwer is a global leader in professional information services. Professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance and healthcare rely on Wolters Kluwer's market leading information-enabled tools and software solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world. Wolters Kluwer combines deep domain knowledge with specialized technology. Our portfolio offers software tools coupled with content and services that customers need to make decisions with confidence. Every day, our customers make critical decisions to help save lives, improve the way we do business, build better judicial and regulatory systems. We help them get it right.
- Supervise Agile software development team in delivering multi-tier SaaS solutions on time, with high quality, and that delight customers while utilizing Agile methodologies, primarily SCRUM, while fostering an environment conducive to innovation and career development.
- Works with Agile Teams, their SCRUM Masters, and Product Owners to ensure alignment
- Responsible for designing and implementing quality up front initiatives
- Works in partnership with Product Management to achieve product delivery goals
- Oversees development and implementation of designs and approves designs
- Responsible for shipping high quality products on time and on budget manages projects and the Agile teams working on them
- Approves project initiatives
- Collaborates with directors to determine departmental budgets and schedules, and to ensure they are met
- Responsible for reviewing cost/benefit analyses of design alternatives and collaborates with technical staff before selecting final design
- Ensures the identification and implementation of improvements to the development process
- Responsible for improving efficiencies and reducing costs through adherence and enhancements to project management methodologies, if established for the department
- Responsible for effectively identifying and migrating non-development tasks to support work teams
- Recommends organizational changes and changes in technology as a means to enhance productivity
- Conducts performance reviews, recommends candidates for promotion, and manages performance improvement plans as necessary
- Fosters overall employee career development
- Manages recruiting efforts to fill individual positions and selects candidates for hire
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent software engineering degree
- Four or more years of experience managing Agile, particularly SCRUM teams who develop on the full end-to-end Microsoft stack
- Experience leading teams who develop commercial software for customers on the Microsoft technology stack
- Experience designing and implementing quality up front initiatives
- Strong organizational, planning, and communication skills. Ability to work hand in hand with Product Management to achieve product delivery goals
- Communicates in a professional manner when interacting with less-experienced staff, peers, senior staff, and internal or external customers
- Demonstrates the ability to actively listen to others
- Communicates project plans, goals, and status to other work units
- Communicates departmental and project strategies within area of influence
- Channels strategic ideas and other input from staff to senior levels
- Produces well-written business documentation
- Writes project justification documents, including capital expenditure requests, and presents proposals to senior staff
- Prepares and conducts presentations for various user areas and staff levels, including senior management
- Coaches less-experienced staff members in a mentor-type relationship
- Influences the goals and plans of other work units
- Works with other work units and acts together toward common goals
- Interacts and collaborates with peers, other teams, and other departments in a cooperative spirit
- Fosters an environment in which others are encouraged to be innovative and are rewarded for innovation
Posted 7 Days AgoFull timeR0010715
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit , follow us on , , and .
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected status.
Product Software Engineering Manager