Software Development Engineer
Product Software Engineer Product Software Engineer USA-TX-Coppell-Rombauer Rd/en-US/External/job/USA-TX-Coppell-Rombauer-Rd/Product-Software-Engineer_R0010437/apply
The Product Software Engineer assists in designing, developing, testing, debugging and implementing operating systems components, software tools, and utilities required for the operation, maintenance, and control of computer systems. This role assists in making modifications to existing software to fit specialized needs and configurations and maintains program libraries and technical documentation.
- Work with peers and Senior Engineers to ensure that software products deliver business value, are completed on time, have high quality, and minimize technical debt.
- Participate in coding efforts within a project team. Clearly communicate actionable information to the project team.
- Develop and document software designs that emphasize usefulness/usability, stability, performance, and reusability.
- Assist with advanced debugging efforts within the project team when production and development issues arise.
- Continuously stay moderately current on market trends and new technologies that can affect how we approach our solutions.
- Establish collaborative relationships with project managers and other functional team members to ensure success of projects. When needed, act as a liaison to the business, assisting with decisions that require technical expertise.
- Successfully interact across various functional roles and departments to ensure effective communication and collaboration.
- Establish and uphold firm expectations and ensure that deliverables are self-certified prior to transitioning to the downstream consumers of the deliverable (QA and customers).
- Accurately assess/identify project and/or business risks providing critical decision support by identifying acceptable risks and outlining risk impact/responses.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in software development
- 2 or more years of experience in professional software development
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing .NET technology solutions
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of developing hosted web-based software
- RDBMS (MS SQL Server) experience and expertise is highly desired
- Prior experience working with Azure (or AWS) and SaaS is a plus
- Experience developing customer facing commercial software applications.
- Ability to present a positive and effective professional image in all settings
- Experience with Agile SDLC (i.e. Scrum, XP, Kanban)
- Understanding of and experience in the use and creation of automated unit tests
- Knowledge of common software design patterns (such as MV* or DI) is a plus
- Knowledge of ORM Frameworks (such as Entity Framework) is a plus
- Knowledge of NoSQL DBs (i.e. MongoDB, CosmosDB) is a plus
- Knowledge of Responsive Design is a plus
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
Posted 10 Days AgoFull timeR0010437
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit , follow us on , , and .
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected status.
Product Software Engineer