Director of Finance
Finance Director – Enterprise FP&A Job Description
The Finance Director will manage FP&A activities for multiple subsegments in the Operations and Enablement (O&E) function. The role reports to the VP Finance – EFP&A. Key responsibilities include leading the direct team to ensure full P&L management from planning/ forecasting to month-end close with insight and commentary on variances and risks/ opportunities; managing specific P&L/ items directly; and driving process improvements across the Enterprise. The finance director will work closely across E&I finance driving standardization and simplification whilst ensuring business partners requirements are understood and that finance deliver what is needed for effective decision making and planning. Collaboration across finance teams including O&E finance, Enterprise FP&A, Accounting and Controllership is a key enabler of success.
- Ensure a consistent end to end annual plan/ forecast and month end process operates across sub segments. This includes clear guidance, process, plan build, sign off/ system loads/ validations, standard decks, story-telling and risks and opportunities
- For direct P&L management engage with O&E finance leads and business managers to build baseline annual plan and rolling forecasts embedding standard templates. Provide business insight to deliver a solid draft for O&E finance review. Ensure an efficient month end process delivers accurate outcomes with business understanding evidenced in strong commentary and story-telling in decks
- Develop strong relationships with all areas of the business and demonstrate the ability to be an effective partner
- Lead the drive for continuous process improvements, standardization and transformation across the organization. Ensure effective input from across the team as subject matter experts. Coach the team to deliver effective business requirements analysis, propose innovative solutions and ensure the outcomes both meet the end needs and are embedded in workflows
- Build and prioritize business cases for system/ tool enhancements enabling simplification collaborating closely with the data/ analytics team and with India CoE. Understand where system/ tool change is appropriate and where robotic process automation will drive a preferred outcome
- This role will have direct reports that support Development groups across O&E as well as Total TR Capital/Depn and EPC process support
- Partner with wider Expense and Investments FP&A team to ensure key deliverables are achieved
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed
Education and Experience:
- University degree and accounting qualification; MBA or CPA strongly preferred
- 7+ years experience in Management Accounting/ finance leadership roles with 2+ years in a management role
- Proficient in Excel modelling and PowerPoint essential, with knowledge of Hyperion and SAP a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Willing to embrace TR ways of working: Put the customer first; Challenge the Status Quo; Deliver Value; Empower yourself and Others; Embrace a learning mindset
- Proven ability to operate well and manage people in a complex matrixed environment
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management embracing communication and people skills; demonstrated leadership and influencing capability
- Understanding of business process, systems and data flows; experience of capturing business requirements; influencing solutions, and embedding the outcomes as part of an effective change management process
- Ability to apply rigorous analysis and strategic thinking to solve challenging business problems
- Forward looking analysis and modelling based on trends
- Demonstrated business and financial understanding to enable accurate reporting with effective insights and commentary in support of TR strategy
- Ability to manage a team and develop staff ensuring cohesiveness, collaboration and clear linking of objectives and outcomes
- Knowledge of TR’s strategy, values, culture and operating rhythm
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on .
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America