Business Analysis Manager
Business Analysis Mgr
Full Time/Part Time
This position (reporting into the Operations Change Mgmt Director) is in the Serving Operations / REO department, which is responsible for the effective management and disposition of Freddie Macs portfolio of Real Estate homes acquired through foreclosure. The position leads a team that is responsible for the financial analytics, management of the REO reporting environment (including monitoring the health and status of the REO asset and valuation reporting database environments and the development and maintenance of operational reports which support the REO department and its data consumers) oversight of the vendor network working on REO portfolio and vendor contracting, oversight and monitoring of compliance activities, and oversight of risk and controls for the department. Additional responsibilities include setting policy, developing procedures, and implementing strategies.
This position also manages a team which is tasked with ensuring compliance with corporate and department policies, standards, procedures, controls and contracts, as well as oversee and support an external partner responsible for managing the vast network of vendors supplying services to protect, preserve and help dispose our REO assets. Your Work Falls into Four Primary Categories:
- Actively participate as a member of the REO management team in running department operations.
- Managing 5-10 individuals responsible for executing the key business functions of REO Reporting and Analytics, Operational Compliance Oversight and Vendor Services Support outlined below.
- Setting objectives, conducting one-on-ones, holding regular staff meetings, effectively managing performance including the year-end review process.
REO Reporting and Analytics
- Reporting database and report library management
- Department reports and dashboard development
- Establishing performance metrics for department and vendors
- Financial analysis to support REO strategies and results
- Business performance results reporting and analyses
- Data consumer support
- Data standards adherence / oversight
- Forecasting (volume, budget, staffing, expense)
Operational Compliance Oversight
- Policy, procedure and control administration
- Operational compliance exams
- Business impact/ Operational risk assessments
- Loss event and operational breakdown reporting
- Audit and external exam deliverable management
- Business resiliency planning and testing
Vendor Services Support
- Contracting support and compliance reviews
- Outsourced vendor services support and oversight
- Vendor diversity reporting
- Vendor compliance / performance reviews
- Vendor disciplinary support
Work Location Zip Code
SF Strategic, Data & Ops
Keys to Success in this Role
- 8-10 years in real estate, mortgage default / foreclosure servicing or other financial services experience.
- 2+ years of people management and/or lead experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of IBM DB2, MS SQL Server Reporting Services applications and capabilities
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Access and SQL
- Proven knowledge of vendor management, risk and control and project management best practices
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization and tailor those communications appropriately.
- Ability to analyze business data to identify and explain drivers and trends, potential issues, etc. and make recommendations to change / improve outcomes.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Serve as a liaison between the vendor and other business units in the REO department to manage issues, performance, handle escalations, and operationalize new strategies and processes.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to effectively lead, coach, and develop staff having diverse assignments and objectives.
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize and drive execution.
Work Location City
Business Analysis Manager (REO)
- Advanced MS Excel expertise
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- Tableau know-how
- Project management experience
- Vendor management experience
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and youll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State
Mortgage & Underwriting