+ Hiring difference makers.
☰ Deposit Operations Assoc II New 💼 TIAA Bank 📅 1 day ago Post Date Apply for Job Share this Job COMPANY OVERVIEW
As a part of TIAAs Financial Solutions business, TIAA Bank, a division of TIAA, FSB, provides full-service, nationwide banking and lending services to consumer, commercial and institutional clients through a variety of channels, including online, its Florida-based financial centers and at other business offices throughout the country. POSITION SUMMARY
Supports Bank Operations by processing monetary transactions, maintaining existing accounts, and handling exception processing. Perform complex transactions and process large dollar items while providing excellent client support and protecting bank operations. This position must possess advanced knowledge of wire transactions, ACH transactions, Return Deposited Items, and thorough understanding of system, policies, and procedures.
- Wire Transactions
- Verify all incoming wires and notify management if discrepancies are found
- Credit client accounts for incoming wires in core processing system
- Ability to learn and approve wire returns. (Prior experience required)
- Input data for outgoing wires on the system; release wires as appropriate in the Payplus wire system.
- Extensive wire knowledge of sanctioned countries, international wire processing for IBAN and SWIFT through Acuity Directory.
- Research and follow-up with clients to ensure accuracy and the integrity of wire instructions; handle complex wire issues.
- Verify signature, security code, and available funds on outgoing wire request.
- Communicate with Treasury Department regarding wire service messages, error resolution, and client issues.
- Verify requests by checking signature, security code, funds available, payee, and mailing instructions through various systems.
- Complete client requests, bank checks, closed accounts, fee charges, reversals, and waivers in core processing system.
- Process express mail deliveries for bank checks when requested by the client or required per procedure; provide secondary transaction review and signature on check if necessary.
- Process float adjustments to clients accounts through core processing system
- Perform general ledger data entries.
- Retrieve and process return deposited items through various systems including Electronic Advance Return Notification System and Transmission Return Item Processing system.
- Process marketing credits and dormant account reactivations through various systems.
- Calculate and process any erroneous interest postings/accruals on clients accounts.
- Knowledge of Exception Pricing for interest rate, service charge plans and product association.
- Deal with complex client issues that have impacted account level to ensure client satisfaction met.
- Review and decision overdrafts, non-post debit/credit items, and decision potential stop payment hits on client accounts using desktop exceptions and IBS Insight core system.
- Verify signature, date, amounts, and endorsement on large scale checks and refer to either Lead or Manager.
- Knowledge of transactions that will require timely returns; Automated Clearing House (NACHA) return codes.
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 or more years of experience working in a financial institution
- 5 or more years of back office operations or wire experience
- College degree
- Experience with PayPlus payment processing systems
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, its our commitment. Read more about the . If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email , or call We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© TIAA Careers. All rights reserved. Explore all the opportunities we have to offer
Start your career with us
Help us deliver on our unique mission to serve those who serve others. We'll put your talents and skills to work immediately - no waiting.
We are TIAA. Created to serve. Built to perform. DIVERSITY
We're proud of our diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Explore our career areas to see where you might fit best.
We have opportunities available across the United States and in India.
The overall health of our employees is important to us.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Meet some incredible people making a difference
To mark our 100th year, we're honoring Difference Makers by donating $1 million to the organizations they support. Thousands were nominated, and we want to share their inspiring stories with you. 2019 and prior years, Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America - College Retirement Equities Fund, New York, NY 10017
TIAA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to fostering workforce diversity and inclusion.
Advisory services provided by Advice & Planning Services, a division of TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, a registered investment adviser.