Direct Lending Jr Loan Officer - Troy, MI or Lewisville, TX Lewisville, TX/en-US/flagstar/job/Lewisville-TX/Direct-Lending-Jr-Loan-Officer---Troy--MI-or-Lewisville--TX_05769/apply
Direct Lending Jr Loan Officer - Troy, MI or Lewisville, TX
The Direct Lending Jr. Loan Officer will work on a variety of Mortgage and Home Equity origination related activities. Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to: Supporting Sr. Loan Officers in completing consumer applications, explaining terms, generating loan estimates, reviewing disclosures, obtaining Intent to Proceed, and collecting upfront fees; Completing prequalification approval process and generating letters for customers and realtors. Nurturing prequalified customers through their home shopping process and returning to a Sr. Loan Officer when the customer has obtained a contract. Conduct outbound telemarketing on high value servicing retention and new customer acquisition campaigns. Take overflow call volume from the inbound call queue when the sales teams are under capacity constraints.
- Customer Relations/Customer Service: Provide status updates and assist processing with the collection of any trailing borrow documentation needed to complete loan processing and closing. Maintain a high level of customer service for both external and internal customers and operational partners.
- Sales/Business Development: Originate mortgage prequalifications, mortgage loans, and HELOCS that meet Flagstar bank credit and underwriting requirements. Perform all origination tasks in accordance with industry and regulatory guidelines and requirements. Achieve sales goals by developing a one-of-a-kind customer experience. Refer clients to other Flagstar business partners so that they may explore obtaining additional financial products and services that Flagstar offers (i.e. retail banking products, investments, commercial services).
- Training & Professional Development: Working with your sales manager and Sr. Loan Officer mentor, will continue to learn the origination process from start to finish. Will continue to stay up to date on Flagstar internal processes, procedures and external regulatory and compliance policies and standards linked to their job as a mortgage originator. Attend Flagstar required production meetings. Attend/complete all Flagstar and industry required training. Actively participate in opportunities to expand knowledge, influencing and interpersonal skills to graduate to a Sr. Loan Officer.
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent
- It is not required to have any mortgage loan origination experience
- Upon successful hiring, must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a unique identified for the NMLS
- Ideal candidate would have some business/professional experience.
- Sales experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to learn conventional and /or government guidelines
- Ability to learn and understand processing, underwriting and or closing procedures
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences
- Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills including MS applications and previous experience utilizing laptop technology for communication purposes including accessing credit and loan status information
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to resolve problems and prevent customer dissatisfaction.
- Desire and willingness to call on prospects and existing clients for sales opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality using tact and diplomacy
- Maintain professional dress attire and demeanor
- Travel 10%
Internal Use Only - Job Band H-Hourly
Posted 6 Days AgoFull time05769
Flagstar Bank, headquartered in Troy, Mich., is a full-service community bank with branches across the state. Chartered in 1987, today Flagstar is one of the largest savings banks in the country. It also is a mortgage powerhouse, making home loans nationwide and ranking as one of the largest mortgage originators in the country. It also is a major servicer of home loans.
Flagstar Bank, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Flagstar Bank is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please e-mail
or call (248) 312-2000 to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For more information:
Member FDIC/Equal Housing Lender