Thisposition is responsible for managing and coordinating regulatory and legislativeactivities for Prudential in its Mid-America Region. Responsibilities include: serving as a consistent interface with the insurancedepartments and legislatures in the Mid-America Region; effectively engaging inand maintaining leadership roles in trade association work; and supporting andfacilitating information in coordination with Prudentials policy, federal andinternational lobbying teams. Prudentialoperates in all states, and our State Team lobbying is divided by region. The Mid-America Region is primarily made upof the following states: IL, IN, IA, KS,KY, MI, MN, NE, TX, WI. Some travel isrequired.
Theposition is located in the region and reports to the Vice President ofGovernment Affairs State Team Leader.
· External Affairs: Work closely with all functions of ExternalAffairs, including federal, policy and international lobbyists, to developPrudentials position on regulatory and legislative issues. Keep colleagues regularly abreast ofdevelopments in legislative and regulatory arenas in your respective region.
· Law Department: Work with various members of the LawDepartment to identify issues impacting the Company, coordinate Company inputinto developing policy, and assist in developing regulatory priorities.
· Business Unit and Corporate Centers: Work with business and Company leaders inengagement activities, helping to keep individuals informed and properlyconnected to Company priorities.
· Become familiar with and involved in thelegislative and regulatory activities of Prudentials state trade associations.
· Keep appropriate individuals in ExternalAffairs, Law, and various businesses apprised of the legislative and regulatoryactivities of the various associations and coordinate Prudentials involvement incommittees and working groups that are responsible for responding to andcommenting on proposed regulations.
· Work with associations to advocate Prudentialslegislative and regulatory positions with regulators, legislators and otherpolicymakers.
· Legislative and regulatory experience inthe insurance and/or financial services industry required
· Lobbying experience in insurance-relatedmatters, including experience with the NAIC and ACLI preferred
· Masters Degree or Law Degree preferred
· At least 7-10 years of relevant experiencein government affairs, principally at the state level, or related experience
· In-depth understanding of state,political, legislative and regulatory landscapes in the Mid-America Region
· A high level of interpersonal skills, withthe ability to establish rapport and credibility with key individuals and tobuild and maintain a broad network of contacts
· Superior analytical, written and oralcommunication skills
· Strong commitment to teamwork with provenability to work collaboratively across team, departmental and industryboundaries
· Proven leadership and project managementskills to drive execution
· Ability to handle multiple projectseffectively
· Ability to effectively interact withbusiness clients, including senior management
· Adaptability to fast moving and changinglandscapes/situations
· Ability to manage expectations of clientsand colleagues
· Continually strive for excellence
· High integrity
· Willingness to travel