Sr. Full Stack Developer
We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
PIMCO's machine learning platform team supports internal clients across Business and Technology teams. Our ideal candidate will be writing python libraries and services, integrating open-source and commercial services and creating React front ends. We empower teams by providing tools for solving text-based problems with recent NLP capabilities. We're looking for a senior engineer who can design and write modular code, creating reusable tools and components and fantastic user and developer experiences. Responsibilities
Position Requirements: Requirements
- Build production quality tools and components for PIMCO's Machine Learning Platform
- Write functions, libraries and utilities with proper abstractions for consumption by internal developers
- Collect and distill requirements and define technical options, trade-offs and present to a technical audience
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related technical field. MS/Ph.D is a plus
- Strong grasp of machine learning/deep learning fundamentals, statistics, probability, and linear algebra preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills an absolute must with a proven ability to work in a team environment
- Self-motivated with strong aptitude for learning and problem solving
- Write idiomatic, modular, testable code that is easy for team members to read and extend
- Knowledge of data models, messaging, REST, design patterns and best practices for system integration
- AWS and Docker familiarity is a plus
- Understanding of data engineering and data pipelines is a plus
- Understanding of infrastructure fundamentals such as Linux, networks, bash scripting, SSH, Kerberos
- Passion for automation and experience with CICD tools, Gitlab or other
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office