Job Description Summary
Our mission is to provide a great software product to our aviation customers with world class engineering solutions. We are looking for a Senior FOQA Analyst to join one of our growing teams. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, results-driven, team-oriented environment. This role is responsible for detailed flight data analysis, developing data analytics, and reporting solutions supporting a wide range of customers. In this role you will see yourself responsible for executing and delivering results using agile methodologies. This role is also responsible for providing direct customer support as needed, including pilot or customer FOQA department contacts to follow up on specific topics.
Role is posted for Austin, TX but is open for remote work opportunities Job Description CAN WORK REMOTELY WITHIN US Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing analysis of operational flight data as well as producing reports and presentations for the Flight Operation Quality Assurance (FOQA) Program.
- Respond to customer support requests across the managed FOQA programs.
- Create and validate FOQA events and measurement, identify and trend operational hazards, determine the effectiveness of corrective actions and risk controls.
- Perform specialized safety studies and assist with the analysis of data for incident investigation.
- Develop safety services products in coordination with aircraft safety customers and internal commercial teams.
- Develop proficiency with the Digital Aviation EMS Flight Analytics toolset.
- Utilize aircraft pilot experience from the private or commercial sector to interpret data.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with customers and partners.
- Prototype, design, build, test and deploy analytics models and scorecards in agile methodology.
- Develop communication, training and change management deliverables required to increase adoption.
- Degree in Aviation, Aviation Safety or Data Science, Data Analytics, STEM with applied Aviation experience
- Commercial Pilot Certificate required
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate preferred
- Commercial, private, or military pilot experience including fixed wing or rotary wing
- Previous experience maintaining or enhancing aviation safety standards and best practices
- Understands turbine-aircraft systems and operation regarding part 121 and/or part 135 operations preferred
- Knowledge of statistical processing languages (R, Python, or equivalent) preferred
- Knowledge of Safety Management Systems, risk management, and safety reporting
- Knowledge of machine learning modeling, artificial intelligence, and statistical methods for analysis of operational or flight data
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and instructional skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work in small or large teams
- Knowledge of GE Digital Aviation Software EMS tools and software preferred
- Experience developing data visualizations or storytelling using tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, and Power BI preferred
- Customer mindset and a desire to work directly with customers to understand and achieve solutions to operational concerns
- Continuous improvement orientation - actively generates process improvements, drives change initiatives, and seeks to grow capabilities
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Relocation Assistance Provided:
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position