Senior Developer, Market Data
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO's Investment Data platforms consume intraday and end-of-day market data and reports market sensitivities in real time across the firm's fixed income and derivatives franchise. The platform supports the full range of financial products from vanilla options through to exotics and swaps, and asset classes from equities through to FX, rates and credit. Our team manages the data systems that feed structured data (e.g. rates, volatility, and correlations) into the analytic models for real-time pricing and end-of-day risk. The system consists of many multi-threaded server-side components generating, streaming, and consuming real-time data throughout the global trading day.
The firm is investing heavily in the platform, to build out capacity and features and to maintain its competitive advantage over the next decade. We are looking for developers to join the team in our London/New York/Austin office to work on the build-up of cloud native solutions and on feature improvement for the current architecture. The role will involve a close partnership with quants and desk strategists to deliver various strategic projects. The successful candidate will have excellent technical and analytical skills and a strong interest in fixed income and derivatives pricing and risk management. Good communication skills are required for interaction with internal clients, senior stakeholders, and colleagues in other regions. Development teams operate collaboratively under agile methodology.
Our solutions range from real-time feed handlers, tick capture, messaging, and RESTful web-services and client API integration with Java, Python & Excel, both on premise and onto PIMCO internal and external cloud platforms. Responsibilities:
- Customer-centric Product Development (establish roadmap for product, solution design for business features, handle risk)
- Design, develop and lead the delivery of high quality solutions
- Collaboration with Core Engineering Groups to deliver strategically-aligned outcomes
- Actively Support users of our Services
- Integration with other services/applications in PIMCO
- Partner with Production Support & Operational Team
- Work with External Vendor Technology Teams
- Responsible for solution design and technology roadmap
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering related fields
- 5+ years of API development experience in Python, Java, or similar language
- Solution Architecture experience a plus
- Python development expertise preferred
- Have led Cloud based projects, AWS preferred
- Experience with real-time messaging using REDIS, Kafka etc...
- Experience with Time Series & Tick Databases a plus
- Experience in using RESTful services
- May have personal GitHub, and have made open source contributions
- Bloomberg and/or Reuters market data experience, an advantage
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office