Senior Associate, Management,Local Government
Senior Associate, Financial Management (State & Local Gov't)
Requisition #: 46825
Practice Area: Advisory
Location: Austin, TX
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate in Financial Management for our practice.
- Help execute financial and accounting analysis and process improvement(s) associated with one or more of the following financial management functional areas: budgeting and forecasting, financial close and consolidation, management and financial reporting, cash management and program accounting, working capital management, shared services, and/or financial transformation
- Active participation in the development of business specifications for product and industry topics listed in above bullet
- Assist with the creation of proposals and other business development activities
- Perform financial and controls transformation initiatives or process mapping in areas that include procure to pay, order to cash, plan to perform and close to report business cycles
- Serve as a liaison between clients and upper management
- Plan and execute day-to-day activities of advisory engagements including, business process analysis, future state process design, data and business case analysis and provide recommendations in the areas of process improvements and risk mitigation services
- A minimum of three years of combined advisory or relevant industry experience in financial management and an understanding of complete financial analysis process
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Computer Science, or a related field from an accredited college/university, CPA is preferred
- Experience working with state and local governments is strongly preferred
- Experience in the development of proposals, deliverables, and reports
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Hyperion, Cognos, and SAP
- Travel may be up to 80-100%
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.