The Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) business within IHS Markit is the world's leading source for research, analysis, and strategic guidance in the technology, media, and telecommunications industries.
The research operations team defines and executes the end-to-end processes for timely delivery of a large research portfolio, including market shares, forecasting, surveys and custom projects. Working with a network of respected industry analysts, the team provides the backbone of support necessary to meet and exceed customer expectations.
As a research analyst, you will play a key role in ensuring the quality and accuracy of quantitative components of the research, and enable the execution of research methodologies according to defined process and schedules. This is a position with significant growth potential in project management and team management. Responsibilities include:
Education & Experience:
- Update, edit, aggregate and cross-check data in Excel; accountable for maintaining data integrity throughout production.
- Research public documents for data such as revenue, capital expenditures and subscriber base.
- Write brief summaries of vendor announcements.
- Assist in final analysis preparation through data and chart updates.
- Create and format charts and other data visualizations per best practice.
- Create and format customer deliverables per brand guidelines and in established templates.
- Adhere to product and project schedules and timelines.
- Assume increasing responsibility for tracking and managing production of one or more products.
*This position is open to candidates looking to relocate to the Austin, TX area
- Bachelor degree, preferably in market research, economics, statistics or related fields.
- 1-5 years of experience with directly applicable experience, preferably as a researcher or analyst in a process and schedule-driven technology environment.
- Demonstrated advanced experience in Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, formulas, conditional formatting and chart creation.
- Demonstrated project management experience, including managing multiple projects to tight deadlines.
- High degree of data literacy: how to derive meaningful information from data and knowing what data can be used for a specific purpose. Choosing the right chart and interpreting visualizations.
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to manage and track multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop cooperative and constructive working relationships across all organizational levels throughout a global business.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Preferred: exposure to or understanding of wired and wireless service provider and enterprise networks, or cloud and data center.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.