An international hedge fund and quantitative investment management firm is seeking a bright individual to join our Middle Office team as an Operations Analyst. We desire candidates who thrive on being right in the middle of the action and enjoy being immersed in the mechanics of the financial markets. Successful candidates will be able to solve problems posed by the confluence of quantitative trading and technology, specifically as it relates to automating these solutions.
The role will focus on the analysis and optimization of clearing, settlement, stock loan and other post trade related activities. The candidate will work with Portfolio Managers, Senior Management, Risk and Compliance to define and automate reports related to the firm's global trading operation. You will be responsible for reconciling the firm's trading activity globally and handle breaks with counterparties. Additionally, you will be responsible for enhancing software tools and processes to meet challenges as the firm expands into other asset classes.
What You'll Bring:
- Degree in a quantitative, technical or business-related discipline
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar function ideally in a systematic investment environment
- Deep understanding of Equity, Futures, FX and Derivatives trade lifecycles
- Demonstrated experience analyzing data and strong understanding how to interpret the results
- Demonstrated experience using scripting languages, databases, and Linux/Unix shell commands
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written form
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and judgment with strong attention to detail
- Mature, thoughtful, with ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture