Portfolio Compliance Analyst
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging workplace with highly motivated and intelligent professionals. The Portfolio Compliance team performs holdings-level analysis to detect any guideline breaches in client and fund portfolios and monitor all outstanding compliance issues from time of breach through resolution. The Analyst will have broad exposure to the entire Investment Guideline Compliance process. Individuals in this position will have frequent interaction with a variety of groups at all levels of seniority including other teams within Legal & Compliance, Technology, Account Management, Product Strategy and the Trade Floor. Key responsibilities include:
- Analyzing account transactions and portfolio holdings in order to conduct full compliance verification for all public funds and separate accounts
- Researching potential compliance issues and working with Account and Portfolio Management to resolve outstanding violations.
- Preparing relevant client reporting
- Researching and addressing various inquiries related to investment guidelines
- Participating in numerous ad hoc projects such as process developments and improvements, scenario analysis, and technology testing.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree (Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics preferred)
- 1 - 3 years of professional experience in compliance or the investment management industry
- Basic knowledge of the global equity and fixed income markets, including an understanding of financial products such as bonds, equities, and derivatives.
- Intermediate/advanced working knowledge of MS Excel.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Experience monitoring portfolios in a compliance system is ideal
- Knowledge of the Investment Company Act of 1940, UCITS, or other common legal/regulatory practices is a plus
- Exposure to querying, particularly with SQL and Business Objects
- Experience with Bloomberg, MS Access and VBA
- CFA designation or active status in the CFA program is a plus
- Have a strong sense of honesty and integrity
- Quick learner and adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills
- Maintaining a strong commitment to quality and attention to details; ensuring that relevant work product is complete, accurate and on time.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to face off across all levels of an organization
- Ability to multi-task, work in a demanding, fast paced environment and handle multiple, competing priorities and projects with high quality output
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Desire to take initiative and contribute to the department and the organization
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office