Management Digital Director/Advisor, Solutions,Digital
Charles Schwab’s Digital Services division is responsible for leading digital disruption on behalf of investors and advisors. We want every interaction to be simple and easy. We collaborate with user experience and design, business and technology partners across the enterprise to build software experiences our users are passionate about. We are on a journey to build the future of financial services and transform the way we work to get there – further integrating Design Thinking techniques with Agile development practices.
Digital Advisor Solutions is a group within Digital Services that leads B2B technology strategy and delivery for registered investment advisory firms. Schwab is the leading provider of custody, trading, technology and practice management to registered investment advisory firms. Schwab provides access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts. Schwab serves approximately 7,500 registered independent advisor businesses (RIAs). Our RIA clients manage over $1 trillion of assets in over 3 million accounts at Schwab.
For nearly 30 years, Schwab has provided leading digital capabilities to RIAs. Our Digital Advisor Workflows initiative is a new platform under development, designed to replace paper forms with intuitive digital experiences. This role will focus on the delivering a digitized experience for the highest volume and highest value interactions and transactions for advisors and their clients, transforming business operations and driving digital interaction.
We are looking for a results-oriented product leader with a strong track record of building and developing high-performing teams to accelerate delivery of the Digital Advisor Workflows initiative. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in leading a dynamic organization in a fast-paced, agile environment and must be capable of influencing across the enterprise, partnering with Technology stakeholders to drive product direction, and delivering a high-quality product to market.
What youre good at
The Director in this role will lead product management activities for Digital Advisor Workflows, with the primary goal of accelerating delivery to market.
Key responsibilities of the Managing Director, Digital Advisor Workflows:
- Lead the product design and execution of digital workflows designed to replace forms, with goal to deliver the product to market as aggressively as possible.
- Recruit, lead, coach, and inspire a team of seasoned product managers.
- Interact with the business leaders across Schwab. This role requires significant cross-organization leadership and management to understand business needs and ensure product success.
- Drives stakeholder and organizational alignment and agreement on product priorities, business strategy, trade-off decisions and investment. Provides critical business direction, guidance and decisions to product development and delivery teams.
- Evaluates the strategic, tactical and risk management impacts of alternative trade-off decisions in the context of our product vision, goals and strategy, proposing sound, well-supported, fact-based recommendations to leadership.
- Works with business partners within and outside the team to design and execute programs and campaigns that drive client loyalty and product adoption. Leads the collection, development and analysis of business intelligence, including client feedback, market research, competitive information and business metrics to identify trends, develop actionable business insights and spot opportunities for the organization.
- Stays abreast of new and emerging advisor best practices and technologies and assesses their applicability to Schwab’s product strategy.
- Ideal candidate will have a strong blend of technology product management, business development and project management experience as well as an understanding of, and/or prior experience with financial advisors.
What you have
- Five plus years’ experience providing end-to-end business direction and product leadership for technology solutions
- Three plus years’ experience people management; proven track record of building and inspiring high-performing teams.
- Highly developed communication and presentations skills with a superior ability to effectively communicate and present complex concepts and issues to leadership teams in a highly compelling, persuasive, fact-based manner.
- Highly skilled at working cross functionally with technology, service, marketing and product teams to create, implement and evolve our in-market solutions offering tangible, measureable business results.
- Ability to fluidly navigate from strategic to tactical assignments, highly developed multi-tasking skills, ability to produce high quality results while meeting tight deadlines with limited supervision.
- Exceptional analytical, organization and business planning skills, including a highly developed ability to synthesize data from multiple sources into key insights and business process improvement opportunities.