Lead Project Manager
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Lead Project Manager
The Lead Project Manager will be responsible for planning, developing, and executing schedules to ensure timely completion of project deadlines and milestones. She/he will work with product managers, architects, engineering leaders, and software developers on the definition and delivery of highly scalable and secure solutions. This position requires excellent analytical, leadership and influencing skills. His/her primary responsibilities include overall accountability and leadership for a complex projects successful and timely implementation as well as satisfying the intended business results. Core responsibility for managing relationships and communicating with the project sponsor, senior management and a wide range of project contributors. Identifies key barriers to a projects' success and actively manages all mitigation activities.
* Provide leadership and oversight on various projects of a complex nature.
* Ensure methodology compliance and manage resolutions, reporting to management when necessary.
* Ensure timely and accurate communication with project staff throughout the life cycle of the project. Monitor and manage the project budget. Must be familiar with the system's scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the teams. Identify and monitor project risks.
* Regularly communicates to senior management regarding the status of specific project deliverables.
* Provide measurable input into new products, processes, standards or plans in support of the business.
* Effectively lead the project team to align with the business objectives, project schedule, and project budget.
* Consults on new products, processes, standards or plans in support of the business.
* Effectively deal with difficult situations. Help develop solutions to complex problems.
All About You
* Experience with structured Agile/SAFe methodology.
* Experience with defect management, program management tools like JIRA, ALM, etc
* Organizational and planning and multi-tasking skills.
* Listening, oral, written and presentation skills and effective interpersonal skills.
* Strong leadership, interpersonal, relationship-building and negotiation skills required with a solid track record for developing internal and external relationships.
Nice to Have
* Advanced knowledge and demonstrated expertise in the areas of strategy, planning and project management required processes and techniques.
* Knowledge of payments industry, online payments, and wallets.
* Experience managing programs for distributed systems, RESTful API, and Reactive Frameworks
* Knowledge of Cloud hosting providers (AWS, Azure)
* Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
* Interacts with teammates and the larger team in a collaborative way
* Enjoys challenging problems while being internally driven toward solutions
* Team player
* Good at providing feedback in a positive, kind way
* Shares knowledge and experience freely
* Cultivates a desire for self-improvement and a willingness to learn from others
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.