Fund Regulatory Reporting Associate/Specialist
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: About the Role
The PIMCO Funds Business Group is responsible for operating public and private fund complexes globally with over $600 billion in AUM across 350+ unique portfolios.
As a Sr. Associate / Specialist in the PIMCO Fund Reporting group, you will be responsible for assisting in overseeing PIMCOâ€™s registered and unregistered funds, with a primary focus on regulatory reporting for the funds and advisor.
You will work with members of the Fund Reporting team to document, oversee, and execute processes related to the management, oversight, and production of the annual and semiannual financial reports and related audits conducted per local GAAP, with a primary focus on regulatory filings such as N-PORT, N-CEN, N-MFP, CPO-PQR, CTA-PR, BEA regulatory filings, OCR, HSR, PFS, N-PX, TIC filings, etc. and collaborate closely with Fund Accounting, and internal and external groups for the ongoing management of the funds.
This role may be based in either Austin, TX or Newport Beach, CA.
Position Requirements: Position Requirements:
- You challenge the status quo by asking â€whyâ€ and identify new and better ways of doing things
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, including the ability to multi-task and lead many ongoing initiatives
- Resourceful, inquisitive, and enjoy problem-solving. Many of the concepts and/or solutions we face are sophisticated, and you bring a desire to work through these complex scenarios
- You bring a proven track record to deliver on assigned responsibilities through pursuing excellence, outstanding attention to detail, and using interpersonal and communication skills
- You seamlessly adapt to shifting priorities and enjoy working with ambiguity
- A standout teammate who builds positive relationships and collaborates across multiple levels of a globally diverse organization, including external vendors
- You have a track record of building credibility and trust through consistent behavior, high integrity, and judgment
- Intellectual curiosity, a dedication to professional development, an ability to learn, and interest staying on top of emerging trends
- Self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have a high emotional intelligence, are flexible, and resilient
- Proven record navigating unstructured processes and simultaneously handling responsibilities with multiple, exciting demands
- Minimum of a Bachelorâ€™s Degree required
- 3-10 years of experience, preferably in Public Accounting, Professional Services, or Financial Reporting/Fund Accounting/Regulatory Reporting role within the Investment Management industry
- A strong understanding of mutual fund regulatory and financial reporting
- Understanding of US GAAP and financial reporting
- Solid understanding of various asset types (e.g., fixed income and equities, including derivatives)
- Risk and controls minded
- CPA recommended, but not required
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office