Fund Operations Sr. Associate / Specialist
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The PIMCO Fund Operations Cash team is responsible for operational oversight of trade orders (shareholder cash flows) for mutual funds, hedge funds, exchange traded funds, and closed end funds that are communicated to and from Portfolio Management. These responsibilities involve coordination with traders, middle/back office operations, transfer agencies, custodians and intermediaries in support of PIMCO's funds and our clients.
In addition, the Fund Operations team maintains oversight of key service providers and provides operational funds' support across all departments. The team currently has business professionals based in Newport Beach, CA and New York, NY.
- Shareholder cash reporting to the cash desk and fund orders to portfolio management.
- Operational support for fund trading in discretionary accounts
- Fund/Client account event management
- Cash Desk/Short Term Desk/Money Market/Product/Account Management support
- Review and/or reconcile trade orders between PIMCO and transfer agencies
- Oversight of cash accounting entries for funds
- Research and resolve trade or cash break issues in coordination with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Provide and/or review data in adherence with regulatory reporting
- Drive multiple projects related to system/application upgrades and processes to optimize efficiencies and mitigate risk both internally and across service providers
- Provide support and share best practices across global offices
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of middle or back office experience or transfer agency experience
- Current FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses otherwise candidate may enter into probationary employment with full employment status contingent on acquiring these licenses within six (6) months of start date
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office excel, particularly with data analysis and in writing macros; experience with SharePoint, SQL, Python, or visual basic a plus
- Proficient organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Can quickly gather and evaluate information to make timely decisions
Professional Skill Requirements
- Clear and concise communication skills both verbal and written.
- High emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills. Adept to collaboration and working independently
- Possesses a curious mind with a high aptitude for learning complex concepts and can adapt quickly to ambiguous settings
- Details oriented and risk minded
- Self-starter with the propensity for continual improvement. Can challenge status quo by introducing new ideas and solutions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and high risk environment
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office