Fund Accounting Manager (Yields)
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.78 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking to add an Accounting Specialist/Manager to our PIMCO Accounting Yields (PAY) Group. The PAY group manages a PIMCO proprietary accounting calculation tool used to monitor investment activity for various PIMCO account types.
In this role, you will be responsible for adding business value and providing services that inform the most senior members of the firm, including the executive office, Portfolio Managers, and key Account Managers, among others. The group is in the midst of a transformation and has experienced increasing growth. We are seeking an enthusiastic and determined team member to assist with driving our process evolution and to facilitate increased adoption throughout the firm. If you are looking to play a critical role in helping to evolve an important business function within a growing business, we would like to talk to you.
You will have:
- Knowledge of overriding accounting principles and fund accounting operational experience considering the importance of audit and policy setting.
- Ability to effectively communicate accounting constructs and bridge economic and accounting models to front office teams.
- Experience providing exceptional internal customer service for demanding end users.
- Hands on experience with tools used to validate analyses, build projection models, and provide meaningful insight into data.
- Proven decision-making ability considering data risks and operational inefficiencies.
- Management experience in training, advising on deliverables for staff.
- Solid operator with evidence of the ability to execute on tasks. Ability to learn and grow in a professional and deliberate manner.
- 8-12 years of investment management experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- CPA and/or CFA desirable
- A firm understanding of mutual funds and fund accounting (including accounting systems) with exposure to a broad range of fund structures a plus
- Detailed knowledge of various asset types; fixed income, equity, derivatives, and other securities
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical and data management skills (Excel usage, Bloomberg, Macro writing, Database queries, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop staff through delegation and coaching
- Excellent communication skills, effective presentation skills
- Ability to independently interact at senior levels
- Risk and control minded to aid in the on-going oversight of third party fund accounting service providers
- Highly organized; documentation advocate; process and quality control minded with ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office