Financial Software Developer
- Austin, TX, USA Austin TX US
- Permanent, Full time
- Gemini Solutions
- 16 Aug 18 2018-08-16
Focus on the development of operations/data management policies, strategies and operational guidelines for the organization's various financial products as they relate to the analysis, tracking, and reporting of various risk metrics. Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems. Design, Develop and Build Scalable Technical Solutions for efficient Data Storage and Access. Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams. Work closely with financial engineers to identify opportunities and need for designing and developing scalable Technical Solutions.
Primary (Minimum 2 years of experience after Masters)
• Expertise in one of the following programming languages: Python, C++ or Java.
• Experience writing performant stored procedures/functions/SQL statements is required.
• At least one year experience with big data technologies (spark and or hadoop ecosystem, hands on with hive/impala)
• Experience with distributed computing or cloud computing platforms such as AWS and Azure cloud services/Docker Technology, Kubernetes.
• Understanding of how HTTP works as it applies to RESTful architectures.
• Knowledge of Fixed Income products (Limited to Familiarity with Multi Factor Financial risk models and Stress Testing Principles should be ok).
Tools for Analysis of large datasets.
Principles of Time-series Analysis along with knowledge of statistical methods (computation of correlation and covariance matrix).
CFA (any level) a plus, not required.
Education Qualification (Must)
Master’s Degree in Computer Science