Enterprise Information Technology Infrastructure CTO (iCTO)
Who we are looking for
The Global Technology team seeks experienced Managing Director level Enterprise Information Technology Infostructure CTO (iCTO) to aligned to critical business function leaders and CIOs. This position is responsible for the demand management. planning and delivery of infrastructure capabilities and services to ensure the business unit requirements are prioritized and optimally delivered against. The iCTO assembles business priorities, building a comprehensive work plan for that business unit or corporate function they support What you will be responsible for
As the Business Aligned iCTO you will:
What we value
- Focus on business unit and region portfolio and demand.
- Coordinate with the Global Platform and Infrastructure Engineering teams to align technology strategies and roadmaps to business and product strategies.
- Work closely with senior application leaders to align application and infrastructure lifecycles and technology currency.
- Ensure implementation of application architectures and designs such that integrated technology stacks can meet business availability, resiliency and performance requirements.
- Drive simplification and standardization across the businesses units while ensuring regional and business unit differences are taken into account when designing these standards
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Superior knowledge of portfolio management, business initiative prioritization as well as program and project management disciplines and methodologies.
- Ability to connect business requirements to technology standards and architectures.
- Full stack technology acumen form business application though infrastructure
- Superior knowledge of reporting and analytics tools and techniques
- Highly organized and comfortable holding teams accountable
- Strong knowledge of organizational change management methodologies and practices
- Excellent track record with large scale initiatives or transformations
- Superior ability to set out technology and organization direction while ensuring feasibility of initiatives and approaches
- Excellent ability to manage large teams, including budgets and a broad portfolio of projects
- Understands and ensures full responsibility to adeptly address operational risks including resiliency, recovery, availability and security
Why this role is important to us
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics or Scientific field preferred. Strong experience and other relevant degree study areas (e.g. business or economics) will be considered. Advanced degree beneficial
- Technical certifications viewed favorably
- ITIL and/or Agile Certifications beneficial
- 7 years of experience as a senior leader of complex, large infrastructure teams
- 15 years technology leadership experience, preferably at least five (5) years of experience in a complex, financial services corporate setting
- Experience leading on large-scale infrastructure projects (migrations or transformations)
- Experience working with large diverse teams with significant vendor suppliers is desirable
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies, cloud platforms, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation. Driving innovation enablement to the business by implementing a dev-sec-ops model and CI/CD capabilities.
This role is instrumental in ensuring the businesses and technology are tightly aligned throughout this journey.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers