Lead Specialist, Data Modeler
Requisition #: 53265
Practice Area: Advisory
Location: Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Austin, TX
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Lead Specialist in Deal Advisory and Strategy Analytics for our practice.
- Assess, capture, and translate complex business issues and solution requirements into structured technical tasks for the data modeling team, including rapid learning of industry standards and development of effective work stream plans
- Create logical and physical data models that not just reflect need of the business requirements, but also optimally work with all data ingestion and data serving processes based on current and future use cases
- Collaborate with data engineers in the design, optimization, and extension full-stack data and business intelligence solutions spanning extraction, storage, transformation, and visualization layers
- Support build of big data environments that enable analytics solutions on a variety of big data platforms, including designs that are optimal for Power BI and Tableau
- Serve as the primary point of contact for question and escalations related to data architecture and solutions applicable to business problems or use cases
- Minimum five years of experience working as a data architect, data engineer, or data modeler
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in a numerate subject (including Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or Science)
- Experience with data modeling concepts, including normal forms, dimensional data modeling, and working with unstructured data modeling designs
- Familiarity with programming methodologies such as version control, testing, and QA as well as development methodologies such as Agile
- Working knowledge of enterprise RDBMS and NoSQL data platforms with strong SQL skills, especially TSQL and Hive/Spark SQL
- Experience working with data modeling and metadata management tools such as Erwin, DBVisualizer, ERStudio, SQL Developer, or equivalent
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.