We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.88 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Pacific Investment Management Company (PIMCO) is seeking a motivated, hands-on client data quality analyst for its Client Data Oversight team. In this role the incumbent will facilitate collaboration with the team that manages distribution data and IT resources to deliver business value through creating, maintaining, and presenting actionable client data insights.
The incumbent will partner with internal business members and support the delivery of data projects by profiling datasets, communicating data model requirements, validating quality of data, and day-to-day oversight of the client data quality. This function supports client business growth for PIMCO through improved data quality / completeness and simplified data management.
The successful incumbent will possess strong analytics skills, a demonstrated ability to analyze data to enhance and operate processes that create and maintain data in the client data warehouse. This role requires a continuous analytical assessment of the client reference master data and CRM data to assess the effectiveness and quality of distribution data management efforts and ensure that client information is of the highest accuracy and completeness prior to populating PIMCO's internal systems and reporting applications. Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support the client data profile quality efforts to assess and ensure ongoing accuracy of information across PIMCO and with suppliers and customers.
- Consolidate data providing a common view of a client while also offering the flexibility to meet business unit information needs.
- Develop data prototypes to confirm business requirements and expectations to IT.
- Develop and participate in the review of requirements, data mappings, use cases and other artifacts to communicate the system requirements to the technical team.
- Enrich the client data through routine uploads of new dimensional data.
- Provide client support for questions regarding data.
- Provide ad hoc querying support for data analysis by various client groups.
Additional Desired Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor Degree required, preferably in a business- or technology-related field of study. A Master's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience with data analysis, including an understanding of entity relationship modeling and/or dimensional modeling.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with key Data Management principles, master data management, reference data management, data cataloguing, policies/procedures, management information and/or data engineering.
- A high technical aptitude, including proficiency in SQL and relational database concepts, as well as Microsoft Office tools, including Excel.
- Proactively curious, self-sufficient professional able to convey complex ideas and datasets to actionable uses for CRM, reporting, and business analytics.
Professional Skills Requirement:
- Working knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Working knowledge of Python desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to document requirements and participate in key requirement workshops.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and quality, with the ability to keep larger goals in mind.
- Active learner and continuously eager to acquire new skills to succeed in a dynamic evolving environment.
- Results-oriented and entrepreneurial, proven ability to work creatively and analytically.
- Strong process-orientation with a client-servicing mind-set.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Highly motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, and demanding team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently while managing multiple projects, assignments and/or responsibilities.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office