At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
- Participate in the analysis, evaluation, and underwriting of proposed credit facilities for Commercial Real Estate prospects and customers
- Conduct research on borrowers, equity sponsorship and property specific economic market data
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with CRE Relationship Managers and Credit Officers to underwrite and assess Commercial Real Estate term as well as construction and development financing opportunities, including identifying key risks, mitigants and structure alternatives
- Prepare preliminary loan opportunity assessments for term sheet proposals, as well as completion of in-depth credit approval packages for final signature authorities
- Interface directly with customers, and their key staff to source information needed for completion of underwriting and credit approvals
- Minimum of two years of CRE loan underwriting experience with either a commercial bank ($10MM up to $75MM range in loan size)
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and Argus
- Experience in CRE underwriting for both term loans as well as construction and development loans secured by multi-family, student housing, industrial, office, and retail property types
- Completion of a formal commercial bank credit training program strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree in math, accounting or finance, unless experience and references indicate strong track record in CRE underwriting with previous employers
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well with other co-workers
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and execute multiple tasks successfully for meeting timely deadlines