Who we are looking for
We are looking for a well rounded individual strongly grounded in infrastructure principals but has experience in DevOps and enabling infrastructure services on AWS through automation and rigorous design principles befitting a large enterprise environment. What you will be responsible for
As a cloud engineer you will be
What we value
- responsible for designing and building infrastructure resources that enable the business to securely run sensitive workloads within a cloud environment
- work with the team to design large scale enterprise integration patterns between our cloud environments and our on-premises services
- will closely collaborate with software development leads to understand workload requirements and guide them to the best leverage of cloud services, optimizing for performance, cost and architectural flexibility
- demonstrate a balanced, vendor agnostic approach to addressing complex infrastructure concepts and gain consensus of peers through use of blueprints and trade-off analyses
- evaluate emerging technologies and tools and develop technical domain roadmaps pertinent to public cloud capabilities
- support short-term and long-term public cloud service enablement planning
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- subject matter expertise on specific domains as they relate to on-premise and cloud (e.g., backup, compute, storage, networking)
- demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how, when and where to best utilize them
- in-depth architectural understanding of AWS and are familiar with cloud native design patterns and DevOps principles (Infrastructure as Code)
- ability to take technical and/or business requirements and translate them into detailed infrastructure solution design
Why this role is important to us
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3 or more years of experience , atleast of one of which has been in a role using AWS
- Appropriate certifications are strongly preferred, demonstrating an understanding of core infrastructure concepts as well as data and/or DevOps principles
- Experience in designing, coding and deploying CloudFormation or similar languages / constructs
- Exposure to Python programming
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
#TPEO COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street's COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.