Building Administrator Austin/en-US/RyanCareers/job/Austin/Building-Administrator_R0004710/apply
Duties and Responsibilities, aligned with Key Results:
People, Clients, Values
Building Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the tenant liaison; working closely with property management staff, owners and outside vendors responsible for building operations
- Report and coordinate resolution of complaints, problems, and requests from building tenants
- Inspect the building frequently for signs of damage or wear, security vulnerabilities, and housekeeping issues
- Report and coordinate improvements to owner/property management as needed to ensure a safe, functional, and appealing space
- Draft and update emergency plans and evacuation procedures
- Coordinate utility shutdowns and emergency drills
- Serve as building fire warden and manage emergency response and evacuations
- Ensure scheduling of regular building maintenance and inspections for compliance of applicable regulations
- Escort vendors and contracted professionals and inspect completed jobs
- Maintain on-call status in case of utility shutdowns, emergencies, service requests, or after-hours repairs
- Respond to building distress, such as security alarms or utility outages, maintenance concerns and to initiate and implement the site response to schedule changes due to inclement weather or other situations which affect the daily operations
- Manage building vending/pantry area working closely with provider
Office Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform mail-center duties, including USPS, certified mail, and business reply mail and maintains accurate receipt and shipping signature logs
- Deliver outgoing mail to the post office daily
- Reconcile postage usage and maintain spreadsheets and reports related to postage utilization
- Maintain resource room equipment, providing minor repairs and placement of service calls to vendors as needed; ensure equipment is properly functioning and all consumable supplies are always in stock; and follow up with vendors on service issues
- Receive and process office supply and stationery inventory and order supplies
- Maintain toner inventory and orders, receive and install printer toner supplies
- Maintain printer and copier toner inventory, ordering, restocking, and installation process
- Escort vendors in suite for deliveries and service-related matters
- Organize and stock marketing literature/brochures in resource rooms and provides inventory levels to Marketing for reordering purposes
- Serve as on-site People Group liaison performing onboarding and off boarding activities for new hires and terminations including new hire office orientation, performing exit meetings and collecting Ryan property from departing employees
- Coordinate and administer the new hire seating and supply set-up kits
- Ensure name plates are ordered and correctly updated
- Coordinate office furniture maintenance and key inventory
- Serve as on-site Information Technology liaison performing various IT duties including shipping/receiving of laptops and monitors, setting up computer equipment and programming phones, troubleshooting server, networking, printer and phone issues, and escorting IT vendors
- Maintain and stock break room supplies
- Ensure office space, particularly common areas, is maintained at a high level of tidiness and conduct daily walk-through of space ensuring all areas are organized and professional in appearance
- Setup, disassembly, and general upkeep of Ryan conference and training rooms
- Deliver and sets up mobile video conferencing unit for all internal meetings
- Ensure conference and training rooms are cleaned and that all furniture and equipment is replaced to its original order after meetings conclude
- Coordinate off-site records storage program
- Coordinate copier meter readings and reporting for maintenance billing
- Manage validations for Ryan visitor parking
- Process incoming equipment service requests and supply orders
- Review and promptly complete Track-It Resolution tickets and follow up with customer
- Identify existing and potential issues, efficiency bottlenecks, and customer-service deficiencies and recommends improvements to better support co-worker customers.
- Assist with the coordination and setup of corporate sponsored meetings, conferences, conference calls, and events
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree with minimum of three years experience or Associate degree with minimum of six years experience in a similar facility position ideally within a Corporate Facilities Management environment
- Skilled in typical core MS packages as well as the ability to use order processing software
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
- Client focused with strong attention to detail and ability to build strong relationships with both external clients and internal staff alike
- High degree of professionalism, confidentiality, and maturity
- Superior common sense and problem-solving abilities
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Work well under pressure, manage a busy workflow and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate flexible approach to work with ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate skills in Microsoft® Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 30 lbs.
- Travel requirement: less than 15%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Posted TodayFull timeR0004710
Ryan offers outstanding opportunities to work in a dynamic, rapidly expanding tax services firm serving the worlds most respected Global 5000 companies. Our innovative work environment, accelerated growth path for high performers, competitive benefits package, and outstanding earning potential provide the most rewarding career experience available in the industry. Ryan employees are given the freedom to do their best work in the way they work best. With a clear understanding of expectations and accountabilities, our employees are given ownership of their time and flexibility to meet the demands of their professional and personal lives.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Ryan LLC (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Accommodation
Ryan, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting employment discrimination. It is our policy to take all employment actions and make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability, military status, status as a disabled or other protected veteran or any other protected status under applicable law.
In addition, as a federal government contractor, the Firm maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
It is Ryan's policy to make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact our People Group at 972.934.0022 or if you are interested in applying and need assistance to submit your application, or if you are interested in a position and believe you may require a reasonable commodation in order for you to perform its essential functions.
Click to view the entire EEO poster and supplement.
*Notice to Canada Candidates In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Ryan ULC will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request. Ryan welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities*.
Ryan recognizes and is committed to compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) promulgated by the European Union (EU). Please access our Privacy Notice in relation to this at the following . Please access our Personal Data Protection Policy at the following .