Account Manager Nonprofit & Private Family Capital
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO's client management team is comprised of client-facing relationship management and sales professionals who are directly responsible for contributing to the firm's success. We work with PIMCO's clients and prospects to better understand their investment objectives, deliver appropriate solutions and deepen partnerships.
The US Nonprofit & Private Family Capital Channel is seeking to hire an Account Manager who will be responsible for fostering, growing and strengthening relationships with our nonprofit clients. The Account Manager will have a broad range of responsibilities, including:
- Educating clients about a broad set of investment strategies and building relationships across client organizations
- Developing a deep understanding of client needs , organizational structure and industry trends to position client-centric solutions
- Collaborating with other PIMCO investment professionals, including Product Strategists and Portfolios Mangers
- Providing information about performance attribution, market performance and macroeconomic conditions
- Outlining the firm's current economic outlook and portfolio strategy
The role will be based in Austin. Position Requirements:
- Relevant experience in financial markets or macro related field, 1-2 years post MBA preferred
- Solid knowledge of the investment industry including an understanding of alternatives and fixed income investing
- Ability to get results in close collaboration with fellow Account Managers, Portfolio Managers, Product Strategists and other PIMCO professionals
- Outstanding communication skills; must exhibit the ability to clearly and concisely articulate PIMCO capabilities to sophisticated investors
- Strong analytical abilities; capacity to blend the quantitative with the qualitative. Able to listen to client needs and forge solutions
- Ability to initiate and lead discussion as well as cultivate meaningful relationships with clients and colleagues
- Undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree and/or CFA/CAIA is preferred
- Series 7, 63, 3, and other applicable licenses, or ability to obtain immediately upon joining
- Ethical, collaborative, organized, intellectually curious, thoughtful flexible, high-energy, self-starter, accountable.
- Ability to articulate ideas/strategies/views clearly verbally, in writing, and during presentations
- Personable and credible, ability to influence and develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Passion for financial markets, macroeconomics and investment strategy
- Strong analytical abilities; capacity to blend the quantitative with the qualitative. Able to listen to client needs and forge solutions.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office