Head of Contract, Surety US TX - Addison/en-US/Argo/job/US-TX---Addison/Head-of-Contract--Surety_R0002434/apply
Build the Business.
Argo Surety, a member of the Argo Group, was launched in 2008 to provide unparalleled service to its chosen agents and customers by offering a broad selection of surety bonds serving a diverse range of businesses and industries.
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality Commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. At Argo Group, we leverage the success, discipline and expertise of our people and an understanding of our customers needs to provide a diverse portfolio of products and services. This approach helps those we insure drive down their ultimate cost through prevention and aggressive claims handling. Simply stated, our products and services help keep businesses in business.
Argo Surety currently has a challenging opportunity for Head of Contract Surety based in Dallas, TX.
- Directs, determines and executes the business plans for Contract surety.
- Has ultimate underwriting and HR authority for Contract surety business units and reviews anything over the authority of the CUO for Contract from an underwriting perspective before requests go to our Global Surety CUO.
- Works with our Head of Field Operations to mentor contract surety Regional Managers to develop and implement strategies and controls to meet underwriting objectives.
- Usually has underwriting authority that is at least $200 million aggregate or close to the aggregate underwriting authority approved for the contract surety business unit.
- Reports to the President of the surety business unit for both operational and human resource issues and to the Global Surety CUO for underwriting authority.
- Directs and determines the operation decisions for the entire Contract division within the surety unit.
- Works with the contract Regional Managers to develop and implement strategies and procedures for operational, staffing and HR objectives.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university
- 20+ years of experience in Underwriting Surety bonds.
- Ability to exercise good business judgment when handling our clients.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to manage time and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to produce error-free work and achieve high levels of accuracy.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and manage many tasks simultaneously in addition to comfortably interacting with people in small groups and social situations.
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills, achieving favorable outcomes in win/win negotiations.
- We work in a fast-paced environment that is evolving constantly; so flexibility and the ability to thrive in change are important to be successful here.
- A strong focus on execution in getting things done right. We are looking for people with a proven ability to consistently produce and deliver expected results.
- Must have strong PC skills, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- In addition, you will share in those core values which are key to our success; having courage to do the right thing, inspiration/innovation/creativity, harnessing the potential of all individuals and sharing a commitment to excellence.
What will we provide to you?
- An opportunity to be your best and work with talented and inventive professionals at a Company Forbes magazine named to its list of Americas 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies for the last two years and that A.M. Best has rated an A (Excellent) for thirteen consecutive years.
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning and which, by the way, got us named in Training magazine as one of the 2017 Training Top 125 Companies!
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- An Employee Referral program, that resulted in 30% of all new hires last year.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR0002434
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.