Do you want to keep criminals from abusing the financial system? Are you someone who likes to drive change? Do you have a proven ability to manage a large team with varied levels of experience? We are looking for someone like that who can:
• Drive governance, change program, and regulatory responses related to AML Surveillance
• Lead and champion a geographically diverse team of appx 100 compliance staff
• Advise senior management on AML trends and issues, ensure the timely identification of risks and potential impediments that may impact key surveillance deliverables
• Support Management with development and preparation of plans for a firm-wide Financial Crime Compliance project
• Mentor and train AML staff and team leads, with a focus on career development
• Respond to ad hoc information requests – from regulators or other UBS colleagues. This will involve construction and preparation of materials by obtaining information from various data sources and presenting them in a meaningful way
• Develop materials to support monthly AMS&C FCS management – escalating where internal deadlines are not met
The AML Surveillance Team Manager will be an integral member of the America's MS&C Senior Management team, responsible for the tone, strategy and execution of the Financial Crime Surveillance activities, reporting directly to the Americas Head of MS&C.
Monitoring, Surveillance and Controls (MS&C) is a second line of defense challenge function with the mandate to perform surveillance over a wide range of business activities. We are responsible for Anti-Money Laundering ('AML') surveillance, including Anti-Money Laundering, Know Your Customer, Anti-Bribery Corruption, and Sanctions surveillance. Americas Monitoring, Surveillance & Control (AMS&C) team is a dynamic, pivotal part of the Group Compliance & Regulatory Governance ("GCRG") organization.
Our role is to assist UBS in the fight against money laundering, fraud, corruption and terrorist financing. We are over 100 compliance individuals across multiple locations, leveraging automated and manual solutions to target risks associated with Financial Crime.
We are looking for a flexible, hands-on person with a strong work ethic and positive attitude who is interested in building upon a successful career in Financial Crime Compliance. The individual is expected to have:
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to communicate complex issues succinctly and clearly.
• Strong organizational skills – manage multiple deliverables; maintain organized work files; execute within deadlines etc.
• Analytical / presentation skills: Strong Excel, PowerPoint & Word experience. SharePoint is used extensively in the group to organize data across the team. Project management experience a plus.
• Strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage both local and remote employees.
• Prior experience as an AML surveillance manager.
• Minimum 7-10 years AML experience required; Bachelor's degree.
• Must be able to work confidently across all levels in the business and organizational structure.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.